1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

L.A. Akira VF5 R arcade matches

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by L_A, Jan 1, 2009.

1. FaisonI

FaisonI Well-Known Member

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Damn L.A. for some one who supposedly was a little rusty with the new moves you sure did kick some ASS; or maybe the other guy just wasn't quite upto par. Nevertheless good job and thanks for the UPs!!!</span>

2. FaisonI

FaisonI Well-Known Member

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>I am glad you said how bad you were getting Bust Up against that wall; saves my sorry ass from saying it, great match nonetheless.</span>

3. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

I heard Pai is low tier

4. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I guess. Lion was bottom tier in 5 but quite a few players did awesome with him despite the fact. Also, I went to a tourney 2 weeks ago where all the heavy hitters showed up. Fuudo won, koedo 2nd, zen (brad) got 3rd and jishaku (taka) got 4th. Taka is considered really weak but jishaku managed to get 4th place in a tourney full of mostly pro players. I think thats another good example of every character has a chance in vf, no matter which tier they are.

5. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    koedo was kage or jean

6. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

jean

7. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

im heading back to LA next week unfortunately. As for meeting up, well I kinda just call itazan, shu and those guys up and say lets hang out. I've met them mostly in 2007 so im not really meeting them for the first time.

8. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

Yeah I know the tiers are tighter in VF than many other games, I was just hinting at her being put in low tier but her damage against walls is insane. Afaik Taka is in his own bottom tier.

9. Fu_unji_kun

Fu_unji_kun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    None Other
    simply question to Gerald(sorry if i miss your name of spelling)

how was atmosphere of VF? i mean in arcade.
    I've heard from my japanese friend that VF is not popular in arcade.

I know some places of arcade have big VF space, but just some arcades, not most of.

So please let me know how you felt with arcade.

I might missed your writing about arcade, sorry if i did that.

10. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

hey man, yeah actually I honestly think vf is dying in the arcades over here. When I go to akiba or shinjuku nishi sportsland, its always the same 10 people playing. I've also wandered into other arcades and almost always see no one playing virtua fighter 5r. It's kinda sad actually. When I was here for vf5 version B,C and D, there were usually a few beginner players in the morning or during the day and then the strong players would show up after 6pm. Now, during the day its almost completely empty and in the evening there are about 10 people. The 10 people that you almost always see.

Personally I think sega killed the game with their ranking system. Any rank above tenkajin (7 above 10th dan) loses alot from their bar if they lose to a tsuwamono (1 above 10th dan) and once you pass tsuwamono, you can not be ranked down back to 10th. This makes it so the strong players don't want to use thier real cards and instead spend the time ranking up their sub cards from 2nd to 10th dan. You can imagine what happens when a LEGIT 2nd or 3rd dan noob tries to get into virtua fighter and ends up fighting one of those guys. They just get completely killed and think the game is too hard. THAT im my opinion is why no more beginners play the game anymore.

11. Fu_unji_kun

XBL:
    None Other
    I have heard that rank system from many of my VF friends, and I hate that rank system. you cant be ranked down to tsuwamono which is really gay, it wont make you stronger, or I just dont like that system.

anyway, thanks for telling me that.

12. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Well, if VFR really goes down in arcade, why doesn't AM2 focus on home version a little bit? We all know transplantation is the way to extend VFR's life, and it's the only solution for oversea VF players.....

13. HokutoNoCat

HokutoNoCat Well-Known Member

Cause VF doesnt sell well on consoles neither... Smells like shit for VF future.

14. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

there were actually alot of people playing in akihabara today. its been rare lately though.

15. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Last night a few of us got yakitori in shibuya and beforehand we stopped at a sega arcade to play a lil vf. Itazan was raping me, srider, mochi (strong ass jacky player) and sin# (strong ass jacky player) for about 15 games.
    Heres one of the matches against him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUqgKdb7xc

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

nice shun v. shun fight. thanks for the travel report.

17. Fu_unji_kun

XBL:
    None Other
    please tell itazan that im looking forward to meet him

18. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Yeah, Sega can't really get the ranking system right it seems. They had it for VF4 but for whatever reason wanted to completely screw it up for 5. I mean, going from 10th Dan to (I forget the name, but I'll use the current one) Tsuwamono, a 10th Dan had to defeat a Tsuwamono once, but a Tsuwamono had to win 5 in a row against 10th Dans to rank up. People complained about that, but now they're complaining about the new system. Can't Sega just, you know, make it similar to the Dan rankings where you gotta win against the same rank to advance?

19. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I went to karaoke tonight with my friend from sega japan who has some serious clout and pretty much told him everything I wanted to tell him about how we all want VF5r. I talked all about the VFDC community, how hardcore the members are, travelling thousands of miles from europe and australia for gatherings, etc and he was really surprised. He also told me that the opinion box that we've been sending emails to DOES work and every employee at sega including marketing and management gets those mails. So..... If you want VF5r, KEEP SENDING THE E-MAILS but... make sure they are different names and different IPs as there is an IP filter. He also told me that there is a development conference which will include sega japan, sega europe and sega USA and all the head honchos will be there to discuss what games will be made in the next 2 years. My opinion, if you guys really want R is to keep going with the emails but make sure you arent just sending 10 or 20 emails from the same IP with the same name. Also, you dont need to paste any japanese. Just 'virtua fighter 5r PS3 or xbox' is good enough. Lets try to get as many countries involved as possible. Thanks in advance, guys and gals.

20. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the video Gerald~
    And also thanks for the info, but do you mean SEGA hasn't started VF5R home version yet?? Coz you mention the conference is going to decide what games will be made in next two years which means there is no idea about VF5R now??
    By the way, do you have some specific date about this conference?