1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

L.A. Akira VF5 R arcade matches

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by L_A, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Making an exception to post.

Had a great time with LA that day, here's a match of me vs itazan.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=B97tfI-hF4s

I had a really shitty combo miss, and I don't know wtf I was thinking at the end. I might have had a chance of winning if I wasn't trying to be so flashy.

2. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    what a crippling finish! ouch.

3. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Match vs a sarah player at an open battle in shinjuku, saturday night. Sarah is pretty nasty in R.

VF5R L.A. Akira (SH) vs Shirogane (SA)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbA_uI2VY14

Each one of those upward slaps sarah does takes off a drink and if the guy knows what he's doing, he can take away 4-5 drinks at the end of each round.

4. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

L A what are your thoughts on VF5R?

5. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Shit still amazes how scared All Shun players get when they feel power. Not to sound sour in all but Honestly and Really fuck Shun. IF shun can lose 3 to 4 drinks on on launchers i feel better about him. I just funny how if you stay away he drink to his hearts content get Stronger,Faster with moves only to KNOW that the opponent must Charge in to him with his unlimted options.

Nonetheless he in the game and he's not going away He coming lol!

Nice Reports though i wish i was there.

6. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

It's awesome! I'm gonna miss it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

7. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Yesterday was awesome. Itazan invited me and dave (sekaijin) to play with him in a 3 on 3 tokyo bay area cup event in oyama. I have played in small tournaments in japan before but none of them were anything like this. There were about 58 teams of 3 players composed of players like fuudo, koedo, homestay, itoshun, jin, chibita, jishaku, shu, kissa, kofu, gorgeous, zetman, joseph etc. and needless to say, I was pretty nervous in my first few matches. Neither dave or I could win a game against anyone we played and we had to leave it up to our team captain, itazan to take out the trash. He pretty much carried us almost to the quarterfinals losing to itoshun (2nd player from the itoshun, napo and fuudo team) but not before rolling over a bunch of strong guys like joseph, chibita and zetman. Some of the shit itazan was pulling off against these guys was just fucking incredible and all dave and I could do was look at each other with our mouths hanging. I managed to save a few rounds here and there of itazan vs chibita and itazan vs zetman but I wasn't able to save entire matches due to the limited space on my camera. Jin played fucking amazing with kage and took out the entire team of napo, itoshun and fuudo in a nailbiter of a match taking his team of himself, homestay and kofu to the finals. They played against Naru (akira), a strong ass sarah and a strong ass lau ive never heard of and homestay pretty much steamrolled their team.

Here is my match with Napo (napoleon). Was a little hard to relax with all those crazy guys watching me play. lol

VF5R L.A. Akira (SH) vs Napo (JA)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ntsQGWxCI

8. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Dude, that's just fucking awesome!!! Does R seem to be more popular than VF5 was there or not? 58 teams of 3 sounds pretty damn big!

It looks like such an amazing game.

I'm very proud that a fellow VFDC member got to mix it up in an R tournament in JAPAN!

9. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

I proud of you atleast you got the chance to hold it down. I could understand exactly how you felt when Itazan had to take the trash out lol!(I think back to our 3 on 3 and NYG7 and how Akmaal did the same think.) Don't worry you get another chance.

10. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

It was alot of fun. Even other than being able to play, it was great just watching so much super high level VF.

11. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Damn I would love to see that Jin sweep. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

12. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Nice.

Thanks for the uploads.

13. lotrzyna

lotrzyna Well-Known Member

So if you will be in Tokyo please let me know via PM and we could play some VF/drink some junmai daiginjou /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

14. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Nice report!
    btw, by kofu, do you refer to kofu megane the famous Aoi player from the vf4 old days ? Does he still play VF5, and using Aoi ?
    keep the vids coming, I especially like the vs Sarah one

15. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Yup, thats him. Kofu Megane. His Aoi in 5r is pretty bad ass.

16. The_Shunjinkogh

The_Shunjinkogh Well-Known Member

That Aoi is pro. It's cool to see Aoi fight.

17. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Sorry about the delay but here are some pix from the Bay area cup 3 on 3 tourney last sunday.

[​IMG]
    Outside Game Newton in Oyama. The place was WAY too small for over 150 people but was awesome nonetheless.

[​IMG]
    Yamagishi san as the emcee and SHU with the green jacket.

[​IMG]
    Here are half the blocks. Around 58 teams total with over 150 players. The tourney started around 1pm and our team played our first match around 5pm.

[​IMG]
    Very packed for such a small ass place as you can see.

[​IMG]
    Dave, me and Itazan. Team "THE MOTHERFUCKERS". It was hilarious hearing Yamagishi san Announce our team name.

[​IMG]
    The icons for Marunouchi subway line and the fukutoshin subway line and also the initals for ZA MAZAFAKAZU!

18. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

I hate you, I really really hate you.

19. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I would've died to hear that. Just thinking about it cracks me up.

20. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Some things I forgot to mention about R shun in the first post.

After knocking the opponent down (1k,k), you cant drag them on the ground anymore by doing 3p.

Also, im not sure what the exact situation is but I THINK its from open stance. If shun throws you from open stance with p+g, you can now hit him with a low rising attack before he can move away. I think this is because the distance you fly after this throw has been shortened.