1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

LA: AI tourney 1/11 pre-registration and time change

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by gribbly, Jan 5, 2003.

1. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

Hi Folks,

First: please note minor time change! AI doesn't open till 1pm on Saturdays, so registration/warmup starts at 1pm, and the fighting begins at 2pm.

Second, we want as many people as possible to pre-register to help make sure things go smoothly next Sat (11th). It will help us have an idea of numbers for food and drink and to try and make sure everyone has a couple of warmup fights. Also, pre-registered people get something slightly cool that walkups don't =]

To register, please send...

- an email to aimstar33@yahoo.com, *OR*
    - a PM to aimstar

...with the following information:

* Name (i.e., your actual name)
    * Ringname (optional)
    * Character (main character you'll be playing in the tournament)
    * Ph# (optional - might be helpful)

Thanks! If you have questions feel free to reply to this thread. Please pre-register if you can (but note that walkups *are* allowed).

cam.

2. JAG

JAG Well-Known Member

Does the tourney start at 2:00, or when does it actually start? I was thinking it would start at 5 or 6 like our regular gatherings, but 2 o'clock is just hella early. Essentially, the only way to make it is if you have the day off. I get off from work at 4:00 on Saturday, so I won't be able to make it if it starts at 2. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

3. gribbly

Yes, tourney starts at 2:00pm! Sorry if that's too early for you - next time speak up earlier and we'll try to accomodate you.

cam.

4. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

well how long do you think the tourney will last? I dont think itll run the whole night so bumping it an hour or so shouldnt matter too much.

*this has been one mans opinion

5. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Yeah, I have to work around 6, so I think we should keep the original time, since I'm filming and playing.

Spotlite

6. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

tournament settings

1. Have the stage select turned off.
    2. Set vs. matches to end after 1 match. This way when someone wins they dont have to lose to the computer in order for the next pair of players to start.

7. gribbly

Re: tournament settings

Ah, yeah. Good thinking!

cam.

8. gribbly

Hmmm, well we don't know how long it'll take until we know how many contestants there are. Anyway, we've had posters up for weeks now. Tournament starts at 2:00pm.

Pre-emptive answer for further questions:

"tournament starts at 2:00pm."

=]

cam.