1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

LA people...

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by akiralove, Apr 2, 2002.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Hey LA players,

Gribbly, Brisal, Andy etc., you guys still interested in playing some VF4? I haven't heard from anyone in a while. I think Chandlerz is back in Japan, and David is busy for the next week or so.

At the very least, we should get together if/when Chris (Feixa Q) comes down.

What's going on?

Spotlite

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Catherine and I are up for the trip to your place on Thursday night [I think that's when Chris (FeixaQ) will be there]. Please PM me some directions. We'd probably be able to show up around 7:30 or 8:00.

3. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Cool, I'll try to take an earlier flight out to LAX this Thursday, looking forward to meeting up with you guys!

4. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I just sent you a PM... yeah would like to meet up with Feixaq and kick his ass^H^H^H^H I mean say "hi!" =]

grib.

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hi Cameron /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

I can go Saturday...Im busy every day this week with work. Please say Saturday, Please Please Please /versus/images/icons/smile.gif thanks- Brian

7. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Man, I wish I could go on Thursday. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Well, I haven't had a chance to play VF4 much anyway.
    Need more practice.

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Bryan,
    Thanks for letting me stay at your place! Had an awesome time playing vs your Akira and other characters. You're most definitely welcome to crash at my place if ever you're in SF.

Andy,
    Good to see you after, what, 5 years!?! =) And here I thought you'd disappeared from the face of this earth ever since you graduated from Penn. Hehe.

Plague, Brisal, vf4akira,
    Sorry we didn't get to meet up this time. Will post to the Jamboree forum next time I'm in LA for another meeting, hopefully we can meet up then!

Cameron,
    Heard from Bryan you had to fly back to Australia on short notice. I hope everything's turns out okay, man. Take care!

9. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    so it's the 14th of April, anyone still want to play VF4 sometime soon?

Seems like no one wants to get together unless I post something...

you guys still out there?

Spotlite

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Let's get together in Riverside

Catherine and I are interested in having a get-together at our place.
    Possible evenings are April 24th, 25th, 26th, or we can do Sunday afternoon, the 28th. Please respond so we can agree on a day.

We live in Riverside, CA, right off the 60. PM me for the address. We have one setup with two ASCII FT2 controllers. We have an additional television - someone would need to bring a PS2 with an RF modulator and controllers to complete the setup. Bring your own beverages and we can all get together to order pizza (Round Table). Alternately, there's plenty of fast food close by as well as Stater Bros. grocery.

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I might be in LA this Thursday, but I don't know whether I have to return to SF the same day or the following day just yet...

12. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Cool, guys.

both options sound good to me.

Chris, let me know if you're coming; it'd be great to get another session in (I'm not choking on my nidan ranking matches next time, damnit!).

Plague, let's see who else responds, and we can set something up soon.

Spotlite

13. Brisal73

just let me know whats going on. I'll be up for it. I know I'll be there whenever the E3 gathering is but just PM whenever there is another gathering. - Brian

14. vf4akira

Re: Let's get together in Riverside

I'm up for it. Except for Sunday, any of those days are fine with me.

15. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Get together in Riverside

I'm glad these days are looking good to people. Based on the responses so far, I'll put in my vote to have this on Friday, April 26th. 7pm would be a great time to start.

16. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC

regarding this week, I'm still waiting to hear from chris. Let's play it by ear.

Spotlite

17. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Just found out, I don't think I can make it this week, unfortunately. I'm flying out to LA on Thursday morning and returning to SF the same evening. Bleh. Day trips suck, especially with the long lines at the security checkpoints. Will definitely post again when I can do one of those overnight trips, though!

18. vf4akira

Re: Get together in Riverside

Friday sounds good to me. I guess I better start practicing again.

19. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    This Friday

Looks like we've got implied confirmation from vf4akira, Brisal73, and I've got a guy named Mike92123 who PMed me about it. If you (Spotlite) and Gribbly can make it out here we'd have a nice big group.

If anyone's bringing a Hori VF4 stick, I'd love to try one out.

20. Brisal73

Re: This Friday

I have 2 VF hori's and Spot has the 2 Tekken Hori....how many setups do you have though. Last time there were 5 people and the waits seemed pretty long