LA: will be at UCLA tonight

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by gribbly, Dec 10, 2001.

1. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

that is all :)

grib.

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    sorry cameron, didn't see this until now, 9 pm.

hope to catch you next time.

Bryan

3. gribbly

np... had a pretty average run against the CPU. Not even one challenger :( Probably lucky as I was feeling a bit slow.

But I did work out how to do the crane kick -- u+P+G. Too cool... VF1 style!

I was playing much better on Sunday, and saw off a couple of challengers. Have at you!

grib.

4. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    been playing mgs, grib?

it's wednesday, and I'll be at UCLA most of the afternoon today I think. I have to leave about 6, so I probably won't see you.

I've met a couple cool guys who usually play during the day. One is an asian guy with really short hair, he usually uses Pai/Aoi/Lion/Lau.

The other guy is named Keith and he used Akira/Aoi, and is really nice, but not around as much. I usually end up playing about 50 matches a session with the first guy!

Bryan

5. gribbly

Make these mysterious strangers come on Monday nights! Also Sundays are becoming regular for me... I usually can't wait until Monday, and Sunday I often end up with nothing else to do.

Aoi players, huh? That's cool... I'd like to see her in action more often.

No, I haven't been playing MGS2 yet. I don't have a PS2 at home. You may rest assured that it's on my list for early next year -- I was a big fan of the PS1 version.

Oh hey the other big news is that I got my Cali license today! Live in fear, other road users! I don't have a car yet (next obstacle), but this will free me up to pop out to UCLA at lunch-times, etc., on weekdays. My work it tolerant of the occasional 2-3 hour lunch, so if I know you're there on a Wednesday or whatever I'll be able to scoot out and whup your butt :)

grib.

6. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    cool, sounds good!

Bryan