1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

LA: will be at UCLA tonight

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by gribbly, Dec 10, 2001.

1. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

that is all :)

grib.

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    sorry cameron, didn't see this until now, 9 pm.

hope to catch you next time.

Bryan

3. gribbly

np... had a pretty average run against the CPU. Not even one challenger :( Probably lucky as I was feeling a bit slow.

But I did work out how to do the crane kick -- u+P+G. Too cool... VF1 style!

I was playing much better on Sunday, and saw off a couple of challengers. Have at you!

grib.

4. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    been playing mgs, grib?

it's wednesday, and I'll be at UCLA most of the afternoon today I think. I have to leave about 6, so I probably won't see you.

I've met a couple cool guys who usually play during the day. One is an asian guy with really short hair, he usually uses Pai/Aoi/Lion/Lau.

The other guy is named Keith and he used Akira/Aoi, and is really nice, but not around as much. I usually end up playing about 50 matches a session with the first guy!

Bryan

5. gribbly

Make these mysterious strangers come on Monday nights! Also Sundays are becoming regular for me... I usually can't wait until Monday, and Sunday I often end up with nothing else to do.

Aoi players, huh? That's cool... I'd like to see her in action more often.

No, I haven't been playing MGS2 yet. I don't have a PS2 at home. You may rest assured that it's on my list for early next year -- I was a big fan of the PS1 version.

Oh hey the other big news is that I got my Cali license today! Live in fear, other road users! I don't have a car yet (next obstacle), but this will free me up to pop out to UCLA at lunch-times, etc., on weekdays. My work it tolerant of the occasional 2-3 hour lunch, so if I know you're there on a Wednesday or whatever I'll be able to scoot out and whup your butt :)

grib.

6. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    cool, sounds good!

Bryan