1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lag Sucks

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Xzyx987X, May 25, 2011.

1. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

This is actually the way I decide if lag is too shitty. With most two or three bar connections I can usually get Lau's elbow or Jeff's 4k in between 2p spam. I told this to someone once who didn't believe me...

2. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Besides Happy and Betabow, who uses Lau in the US/Canada?

Also what is the deal with people having such a hard time figuring out the pecking order below the top-toppest players? Online is TRASH. Stop trying to climb to the top of the trash heap by insulting other people's style passive-aggressively by saying it isn't valid or it's spam or implicitly lacks fundamentals. If you don't have the numbers (in wins -- y'know, concrete results) to back your claim that another player is a scrub then don't even bring it up. I had to learn the hard way to keep my mouth shut when I couldn't back it up but the lesson wasn't lost on me.

3. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I also consider this to decide lag or not, and I believe spammers can definitely earn extra advantage. [​IMG]

4. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

This would make a 'GREAT' reality show. Btw' JcBlack uses Lau! Lmfao!

5. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
  6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

He is playing MK9 I think.

7. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    hahahaha i just read this and i LOL'd in my cube. GO XYZ GOOOO!!! [​IMG]

8. Flyingguillotine

Flyingguillotine Well-Known Member

well on XBL, because of slight lag, the nearly imperceptible inherent lag, I alway hadtotelegraph my low throw when I stomach crumple somebody with a quick frame counter hit(like El Blazes 46P+K,or Vanessa's G,8P). An untintentional convienience is I wont have to worry about that in FS because low throwing stomach crumpled opponents has been removed. /Grrrrrr......

9. Stone_Drum

Stone_Drum Member

Is it "bad" to simply gain good defense from experience and actual practice in defending only rather than learning frames? I find I can't really bring frame knowledge into playing anyway. My defense is definitely not bad, but it isn't because I know frames, but because I've paid attention to when I can and can't attack over the time I've played the game

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It's definitely not bad at all, and there's nothing wrong with your approach. Frames can sometimes help reinforce learning and/or explain situations you cannot figure out. But frame knowledge alone does not a good player make.

11. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Stone Drum, if you play long enough, you may eventually run into people who are the exact opposite: they know the frames but get overwhelmed when actually playing the game.

12. hseiken1

hseiken1 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    hseiken
    Did someone say TITTY PHYSICS?