1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lag tactics...?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by CheekyChi, Jun 3, 2013.

1. CheekyChi

CheekyChi Well-Known Member

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    So I was playing some online ranked matches last night and came across a really good Lion player. I literally couldn't do much against him and decided it was good to see the different strategies a Lion player has. But after playing for quite a while (losing every match on the way), I won! I was really happy that I won (even though it was just the once) against someone who is really good! I even saved a replay to see what I did. That was the last match I played against him, I couldn't see him in the lobby list after that so I played other people. After a few matches I get a message from him:

I read that and I was instantly like o_O?? All I know is that I was trying to hit him. So I replied apologising if I did something wrong and that I wasn't using any lag tactics and asked what they are? He replied:

To be honest, it's disappointing to know that I didn't win because of the way I played but because of lag. :(

So is lag tactics basically using lag to negate the advantage/disadvantage in a situation? I don't want to exploit anything like that but if I know what it is I'm doing, then maybe I could stop doing that? But then, I don't think it's possible to remove lag 100%? Also, how do I distinguish between that and not just doing an attack that just about beat his attack - for example if my opponent tries to throw but I jab or if they were slow to react? I wonder if it's my clueless-ness the reason why people with high rankings don't play me...?

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Why don't you just, you know, ignore the guy. Lag happens.

For the record lag tactics can be doing something like 2P a lot since it should be -5 on block but online if you react to it normally you can get CH'd yourself. Feels like it was actually + on block.
    Or do something that is punishable but then do something about their punish even though you shouldn't be able to.

Don't pay attention to the stuff really. It's online.

phanatik, Mr. Goggles and EvenPit like this.
  3. CodyHunter07

CodyHunter07 Well-Known Member

Hah... I wouldn't worry about him @CheekyChi .
    He just sounds like some half assed player whom you just either figured out or just happened to get by his "canned sequences".

See, notice the immediate "lag" accusations, all the "giving the benefit of the doubt" crap.
    Just too damned funny.

Look, even if you DID lag, so what?
    Why should you apologize for that?

If lag happened when you won that match, chances are, lag had been going on all along, except he was finding ways to either deal with it, or he was the one causing it somehow.

Now all of a sudden, you win the match, and its a problem.
    GUARANTEED you wouldn't have heard him complain about it had you not won a single match.

Online E-tough guy wannabees...gotta love'm :cool:

4. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Theres only 2 Lion players I know that sound like this when they loose LOL.

JacobEvo and MakiLeSushi like this.
  5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

There's one player that comes to my mind :p

Cheeky, don't worry about it ;)

JacobEvo likes this.
  6. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Sorry Cheeky, you caught me on the bad side of my rotations.

BlackGeneral likes this.
  7. CheekyChi

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    Well, it seemed like he wasn't as upset after I told him I didn't do it on purpose. So I don't think we should see him as just a sore loser. I mean, I can understand his frustration, it would feel like he was supposed to win but was beaten by a worse player because of luck.

8. CheekyChi

XBL:
    CheekyChi
    Errr... It wasn't you...

9. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    That's the thing man. I lose control and turn into a whole different beast.

oneida and Jay David like this.
  10. Jay David

Jay David Well-Known Member

Gotta watch out for Cozby man. Dude is a diva when he hasn't eaten. He's only Cozby POST snickers... Kidding.

But for real Cheeky ignore the fuck outta that guy. He would've complained if you won anyway trust me. He has such a huge rep for being a doucher that 80% of the people that view the damn title of this thread can guess who it is. Just keep it moving homie, don't waste as much time as I did once upon a time trying to defend myself.

JacobEvo likes this.
  11. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

What kind of neurotic headcase would send such a message?

Cozby likes this.
  12. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash

I knew you were going to go there ,Happy Friend.:p

JacobEvo likes this.
  13. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

(In the darkness a figure appears)
    Whoopsie!!

Zekiel, steelbaz, Chanchai and 2 others like this.
  14. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    hahaha I just want to know this person's gamertag. It sounds like someone I'd love to annoy and piss off :D

steelbaz and Tha_FeauchA like this.
  15. WiZzYx

WiZzYx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WiZzYx3DG
    XBL:
    WiZzYx3DG
    Double or nothing to sowderjamie. I got this message from him

[​IMG]

16. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    666p

MarlyJay likes this.
  17. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I am Spartacus.

18. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

I'll say it: Fuck that guy. There are far more worthy causes to be concerned with in life than the bruised ego of some person you're playing with online.

Here's some advice for anyone: Unless you're playing with friends? Ditch the headset. You don't owe any random stranger a reply to an unsavory message such as the one you received. People play this game for various reasons (fun, livelihood, etc.) and nobody deserves to be harassed just for playing a fucking game.

Oh, and if it's someone I'm familiar with: STAAHHHP ;)

19. JacobEvo

JacobEvo Active Member

XBL:
    Im Rock Lee
    I know of one lion player, sucks that you had to run into him :(.
    CheekyChi: Don't worry if it was the player i think it was, he does that all the time. Bottom line: It's never his fault, he don't make mistakes, he thinks that he knows everything (even those i myself have corrected him and proved him wrong at least three times on what he thought was the right frame data). And when he loses... it is never.. and i mean eeeeeeeverrrr because of him. Its like his special move for whenever he loses. It's called the BAOTHWHALE-> (Blame anything other then himself when he actually loses excuse).

leftylizard likes this.
  20. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Lol @ imrocklee. One question though concerning lag. Could you help me answer what I should do online when I'm at disadvantage -1 to -9? I go
    look for well known players on replays, so I can learn, yes? I see them duck at -6 to -9, so I tried this and it works!! Since your a knowledgable vfr can you confirm this is true? Also, if you don't mind would go into detail about each disadvantage and display the options. It's a lot, but thanks in advance. I'm glad this thread went from wasted space into something useful. We can learn a lot from you!