1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lan Di ( Shen Mue ) uses same style as Lau Chan?

Discussion in 'General' started by NeoTokyo, May 13, 2002.

1. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

I was just wondering if Lan Di , the bad ass dude from Shen Mue uses the same style of fighting as Lau Chan?

2. Alx

Alx Member

His style is quite similar. But there is a real Lau-clone in Shenmue2 (exactly the same movelist), as well as clones of Sarah, Wolf and Jeffry. (and in Shenmue1, Chai was a copy of Lion, if you didn't notice /versus/images/icons/smile.gif )

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Chai was just in stance, not in attack..he was more capoeira.

4. Alx

Alx Member

I think there are more similarities than stance alone. During the final fight on the harbour, he gave me a few of typical Lion throws (especially the "dash between your legs" one, and I think I remember one "stepping on your chest and punching your face").
    It's true he's not a real "clone" since you wouldn't notice it at first sight, but it's close enough.

5. Jinisgod

Jinisgod Well-Known Member

So guys, have any of you gotten to lan di yet on part 2! Im still on disk !

Red:)

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Yeah, but look at his strikes..cartwheel kicks, jump spin kicks...lol, oh well, not like its important lol.

7. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

I finished Shen Mue 1 and 2. when I finished Shen Mue part 2 I felt in a state. that I only had when I played games like Zelda, Mario. in 1 word. you just have to finish Shen Mue 1 and 2. it just doesn't get better then that!

8. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

OH.MY.GOD. Disc 4 of Shenmue 2 is probably the most innovative thing to hit video games in ages. Conceptually, it's just completely unique. The subtleties of that single disc are amazing.

Shenmue 2 was a completely absorbing experience. It left me numb at times. I can't wait for 3, if it ever comes.

9. Alx

Alx Member

I don't want to spoil anything, but you shouldn't expect much from the Lan Di confrontation in Shenmue2... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    But you have another boss fight that is great. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Alx

Alx Member

You're right... it's not really important. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Too bad we couldn't hear Chai say "I don't make it a habit to fight the youngsters..." /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

11. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

if you have finished Shen Mue 2, you have completed 50% of the big quest. so there must at least come a part 3 and 4 to finish the complete story :) if not I will kill all sega members that worked on Shen Mue, just kidding of course, but I would be very dissapointed if it won't come out .I just have to know how this story finishes!!!! bye the way does anybody know where I can buy the soundtrack of Shen Mue or download it?