Lan Di ( Shen Mue ) uses same style as Lau Chan?

Discussion in 'General' started by NeoTokyo, May 13, 2002.

1. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

I was just wondering if Lan Di , the bad ass dude from Shen Mue uses the same style of fighting as Lau Chan?

2. Alx

Alx Member

His style is quite similar. But there is a real Lau-clone in Shenmue2 (exactly the same movelist), as well as clones of Sarah, Wolf and Jeffry. (and in Shenmue1, Chai was a copy of Lion, if you didn't notice /versus/images/icons/smile.gif )

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Chai was just in stance, not in attack..he was more capoeira.

4. Alx

Alx Member

I think there are more similarities than stance alone. During the final fight on the harbour, he gave me a few of typical Lion throws (especially the "dash between your legs" one, and I think I remember one "stepping on your chest and punching your face").
    It's true he's not a real "clone" since you wouldn't notice it at first sight, but it's close enough.

5. Jinisgod

Jinisgod Well-Known Member

So guys, have any of you gotten to lan di yet on part 2! Im still on disk !

Red:)

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Yeah, but look at his strikes..cartwheel kicks, jump spin kicks...lol, oh well, not like its important lol.

7. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

I finished Shen Mue 1 and 2. when I finished Shen Mue part 2 I felt in a state. that I only had when I played games like Zelda, Mario. in 1 word. you just have to finish Shen Mue 1 and 2. it just doesn't get better then that!

8. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

OH.MY.GOD. Disc 4 of Shenmue 2 is probably the most innovative thing to hit video games in ages. Conceptually, it's just completely unique. The subtleties of that single disc are amazing.

Shenmue 2 was a completely absorbing experience. It left me numb at times. I can't wait for 3, if it ever comes.

9. Alx

Alx Member

I don't want to spoil anything, but you shouldn't expect much from the Lan Di confrontation in Shenmue2... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    But you have another boss fight that is great. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Alx

Alx Member

You're right... it's not really important. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Too bad we couldn't hear Chai say "I don't make it a habit to fight the youngsters..." /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

11. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

if you have finished Shen Mue 2, you have completed 50% of the big quest. so there must at least come a part 3 and 4 to finish the complete story :) if not I will kill all sega members that worked on Shen Mue, just kidding of course, but I would be very dissapointed if it won't come out .I just have to know how this story finishes!!!! bye the way does anybody know where I can buy the soundtrack of Shen Mue or download it?