1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Landing the Burning Driver

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Chief_Flash, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    DELETED DUE TO RACIST REMARKS

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    IcKY99 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Wow, the guy admits that he doesn't recall the exact damage for a particular punishment combo, but let's go and crucify him anyway! And with a video!

The actual point that 46P+K is guaranteed in this situation for a load of damage was completely missed. Well done.

Tricky likes this.
  3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Learn to read please.

Also, let me point out one simple fact for you, so simple it obviously is too simple for your awesome mind to even think so simple:
    120 > 108 (and this is ONLY on MC hit)

Have a nice day

MakiLeSushi and Tricky like this.
  4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I am with Myke here. It is not VFDC that drives vets away. It's certain vets self-entitled mud-flinging behaviour that drives everyone away. We are better off without those vets and rather have more new players with willingness to learn and develop.

5. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Huh. I thought what drove the vets away was the VF5 series, in particular FS itself, and the nazi mods here in VFDC.

SDS_Overfiend1 and IcKY99 like this.
  6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Vets such as?

7. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    If we are about to exchange videos, I did some quick test myself to see how accurate you actually are under FS conditions...

So yes, you are completely right.
    Real VF vs. (your) textbook VF

8. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    He obviously means the entire VF4 posse Manji, and some of the hardcore early VF5 guys, who you may have met in person. Almost none of whom have posted on here for years now.

The big one in my eyes, would be Gutti... a former Wolf player of course, who helped a lot of people level up with the system in general. I'm sure we could all reel out many, many names going back 15 years now, on both sides of the Atlantic ;) I sometimes wonder where it all went wrong for Virtua Fighter, and the Western player base. Are all the other fighting games out there on the market today, really that much better, or indeed, fairer?

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    For someone who frequents the site regularly, who participates in community events (online and off), and who donates toward the running of the site, this statement puzzles me.

If people don't like the game, or the community, they can simply leave. I think there's no greater contradiction, and pain in the ass, than someone who continually complains about a situation in which they are in control of.

Or are the "nazis" preventing their escape, too?

10. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Yeah what Chun said, I wasn't talking about any one particular person, but that a mass amount are not active anymore, which is 100% true and you can see it with the same 10 users online. Ofc there are a lot of reasons why this is, I only mentioned VF 5 series and nazi mods here in VFDC as two examples of what are many.

11. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The question was specifically which "vets" have been "driven away by VFDC", and not "let's name everyone who has stopped playing since ..."

Lots of people stop playing VF for a long list of reasons, so let's not confuse the two.

Tricky likes this.
  12. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    AAAAAAAAAANYWAY, dude hit a cool throw that looks totally badass. The slow-mo with music made me smile, and the dickpunch KO victory made me laugh.
    Good shit, @InterDinghy.

daRockReaper and G0d3L like this.
  13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  14. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    AH, I see what you mean Flash. You got me last night with #4.

15. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    Myke, why don't you stop talking about the "vets" and put a leash on your boy there? For a Content Manager he sure doesn't articulate his points well in a constructive manner, or am I "crucifying" him again? I request Unicorn's video be removed on the basis of personal defamation.
    [​IMG]

16. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Ooooooooo
    OneFrameKill blogger crying out loud because of being targeted by "personal defamation"? :D

:love: :love: This is SOOOOO CUUUUUUTE :love: :love:

[​IMG]

17. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    Not many more then the topic poster and a few well behaving souls would be spared if defamation towards nicknames where wished to be enforced and acted upon in full.

Actually this happens almost on a daily basis on here.
    Which is somewhat mykes point (ok, not specifically)

I can understand how bloody rough it must be to balance leniency when many of you try the patience of people here so much. :)

There is a difference between the techical arguments (which are fine)
    and the will to help someone (which is encouraged)
    and even the need to correct someone (also fine)

But when it turns to insults or name-calling, or attempting to paint a certain personal flaw on someone only due to not understanding something - that is when the line are crossed.

This tread is about someone new at the game being happy for landing a move originally, after all. however silly some might find it being happy about it, that is a valid post on a forum.
    Objections to reasoning behind in what situations that is feasible are ok. the craptalk less so imo.

Chill all!

Tricky likes this.
  18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I do not speak for the Americans, but none of the old European posse that I knew left because of "nazi vfdc moderators", that much is certain. For the most part they left because they grew up and started living real lives. I am sure same applies to an extent to Americans.

I myself left vfdc for years because of Shang and that the moderation was not hard enough.

Chief_Flash and Ellis like this.
  19. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    Unicorn, you can trash me all day here with videos and pictures and what not, but it doesn't change 1 simple fact: You don't know how to land BTBH against a real person and I do. That is the bottom line. You can keep on talking smack but that doesn't that fact. Guess what? I played with @Kruza, @BLACKSTAR , @Swordfish2, each one of them took BTBH last night while you were editing your videos. That's the difference son. What else you got?

Kruza likes this.
  20. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Just as predicted in the video: trashtalk to cover that your 46ok "advice" actually IS bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.