1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

language barrier, arrogance, and hurt egos :P

Discussion in 'General' started by Fu_unji_kun, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    My problem with Tatsuki is not so much what he is saying, because I fully understand that there is a language barrier. My problem is you would think after numerous complaints and warnings that he would eventually learn that people do not take kindly to the type of statements that he makes, because often he is not putting down a specific person but a whole fucking COUNTRY! I am not American and as much as I make my lame self hate black jokes and such, I would never directly put down someones country, ethnicity, culture, etc on purpose. No one really hates Tatsuki for real, they are just tired of his bullshit bragging and immature statements. I haven't spoken to him in a while and I am sure that he thinks I don't like him anymore, but that's not true. I used to actually share emails with the guy on a day to day basis about VF strats and just other random things. If Tatsuki really wants to get along with people he needs to change the tactic that he uses to get his point across to people. Here is a remedy I often use and I hope he sees it as food for thought, but when I am in a situation where I feel attacked or I want to respond to something that I think was an attack on me, I usually write what I have to say in an email and then I forward that to someone on here to they can proof read it and give me their honest opinion about the impact that they think this will have before I post it. If they tell me that it's to harsh then I make changes. If they tell me it's probably going to escalate into something and get out of control then I just delete it and post nothing. Of course there are times when this is not the case and you feel that you have to respond to something, but over all if I think my words will offend or cause trouble then I keep them to myself and just move along.

Tatsuki I don't know what to tell you, but I hope this helps you out. Maybe before you post you can ask MasaRED or even L A(Gerald) to prove read your responses since they are fluant in Japanese and can at least understand where you are coming from. Maybe it's our own fault for not trying harder to understanding where you are coming from, but it's definitely your job to make some sort of effort to come up with a resolve than to just keep letting it happen. A piece of advice I can also give you is that often when someone misunderstands your response you often reply back saying sorry, but then you look 2-3 posts down and you respond again usually with more confusing statements which often add more fuel to the fire. I am not saying you should not be able to express how you feel, but why dip yourself in gasoline when you are surrounded by a fire? It just makes the ignorant people who don't like you shake their heads and amplify their hatred which breeds even more negative statements.

2. Air Jacky

Air Jacky Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    This post is getting to serious so i just wanted to make some fun of the proof reading (Rodney i think you need someone to proof read your last message here. i don’t think you can prove read, or maybe you can.) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif i am not one to talk about spelling since i SUK at spelling myself LOL

Now about Tatsuki, i have also met him at Jesse's house for a day of VF and he is a nice guy in real life, but i also understand what everyone is complaining about him for, i sometime get that message that he hates America and doesn’t want to be here, and would rather be in Japan. And i have talked with Jhow about this and i told him that annoys me a bit, that he would say that about America and our VF crew here. I still like tatsuki but it would be nice for him to watch what he says. Tatsuki if you really feel you don’t like it here and that you would rather play VF with a lot of good players then I would suggest that you head back to Japan. You should be here for the experience of a different country and making new friends. If VF was a reason for coming here then of course you are going to be disappointed. Japan is really the only true place to play VF. Everyone on the broad here knows that, we just don’t need you rubbing our face in it all the time.

Tatsuki you might want to tone down your post a little, and Rodney had an excellent idea on having someone to take a look at your post before you put it up. I am sure there are a few Vfer's that would be more then happy to help you out.
    There is my 2 cents if anyone cares. And people take it easy on Tatsuki, he is a teenager in America for the first time and learning our language, that alone has to be tough on anyone. he is a nice kid once you meet him. Like Kris-jin said now that this has been brought up, maybe he will learn to be more careful on what he says and if he doesn’t well I guess the flaming war will rage on
    And NYG7 RULED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a great day everyone.

3. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Well said Air Jacky, well said. Kudos for you, sir+1

4. smb

smb Well-Known Member

I just wanted to weigh in and say i'm tired of this defense:

If you met him in person, he's really a nice guy. Thats weak. You know what, i'm a nice guy if you meet me in person, or if i'm joking around in teh shoutbox, or if i'm posting up in the threads. To be a nice guy face-to-face and a jerk behind someones back does not equal=really a nice guy.

I don't know fu unji personally, and this post has nothing to do with him, but about anyone who's defense is "he's really a nice person if you meet him in real life."

5. Air Jacky

wasted i have to disagree, when i was at NYG7 this year i heard a number of people talk about how they thought so and so was a dick but once they met them outside of online, they were surprised by that person being a nice guy after all. the same thing can be said for this situation. all i am saying he is he has a hard time with expressing himself in a positive way but we were all teenagers and hell some of us still act like it:) he is learning a new culture with not a great grasp of the language that is got to be hard to express yourself, i hope he will learn from this and become a better person for it, but still he is a good kid. he just has to stick his foot in his mouth sometimes is all:)

and i don’t think he is going behind anyone’s back, he post so everyone can read i don’t see how that is going behind someone’s back. maybe 2face but hell a lot of people act differently online then real life even I act a bit different. I'm still nice if i am online or face to face but if someone really annoys me i am a little more verbal online then face to face call it what you will, but a lot of people are like that so maybe you are the one exception to this and i am sure some people are but most are not. and i wasn’t total coming to his defense; i also made some point about how he does need to tone down his post on here. but really he is a teenager from another country give the kid a break, especially if he stops with the bad mouthing America and America VF. if he doesn’t stop it he wont have any american friends, his loss. But i just hope this thread will teach him a valuable lesson in all this.
    so flame me for coming to his side again, i guess /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

6. smb

smb Well-Known Member

i don't mind you coming to his side, i wasn't even attacking him, i was just pointing out why i'm against a particularly weak defense.

We all have our down moments, when we go off and get mad at something only to look back in a day or a wk and be like, wasn't really taht big of a deal, or whatever. But people who repeatedly do it as a habit, after a certain point the argument is no longer just. I've gotten riled up a few times on here myself, so i'm not flaming anyone for anything /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif i've had some memorabl encounters with TWP, Gernburg, and Feck, you know what, don't have anything wrong with any of them. all decent people.

7. Air Jacky

i hear ya, its all good. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

8. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Let's all take out our aggressions online with XBox Live!
    Everyone LOG IN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Oh wait, it's still updating. Nevermind. Everyone LOG IN LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Jhow you bugger, I loaded my xbox up and everything /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

11. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how long it will take?
    Is this about the fall season update??
    I can't wait to see the new features!!!!!

12. Rare_Entity

Rare_Entity Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Rare_Entity
    XBL:
    Rare Entity
    Well the notice on the dashboard it would start on 9/29 at 12:01 am PST and last for 24 hours.

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

They said maximum of 24 hours I think, so there's still another 6 and a half hours. It could take longer though, not sure.

They stated that no new features will be available after the maintanence, it's just to prepare the service for the fall update.

14. Dennis0201

I see, so we probably need to wait until midnight.

btw, "Iron man" will be available tomorrow!! Some of my friends already got BD in Asia couple weeks ago....................... SHIT!! I'm in USA and I'm supposed to earn it first!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

15. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

^ Not even native born to the US, and already he thinks like one of us. I'm so proud of you Dennis /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

16. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    only if fagoneal was like him! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

17. Dennis0201

All I can say is "American people really fellow the rules"~/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif
    Is that illegal if BestBuy offer this item before tomorrow??

I remember one month ago I went to bestBuy to check out "Transformers" almost everyday~ I wish they could appear on the shelf before 0902 but it turned out Never.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

18. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    In the past some people in the East were unfairly exposed to poppies or was it heroin? Anyway perhaps this is some kind of residual effect of drugs. Maybe its not a language barrier after all. Maybe instead of "fuck that off" he really meant "blast that off" or in other words let's get high

And maybe when he says he can beat everyone here, maybe that's more of a sexual kind of reference. So perhaps we have:

Blast that off then beat that meat off [ or jack that meat off] Maybe he's offering to beat our meat /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I can't wait til the PS3 is online so I can loose to some of these incredible VF players /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I hope one day that make these threads into a book! I would buy
    it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

19. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Have you ever wanted to say "Fuck that!" and "Fuck off!" at the same time but you had to settle for one or the other?
    Well, you don't have to settle any more!
    Introducing: "Fuck that off!" the amazing new swear phrase that captures the sentiments of both "Fuck that!" and "Fuck off!" and rolls them both into one convenient three letter sentence!

Developed by the VFDC's Engrish department's top translator, Funji Oneal, "Fuck that off!" is the time-saving, new swear phrase that's sweeping the nation and burning up the interweb!

Yet another catchy, nonsensical phrase brought to you by the same site that brought you "Tit milk ice cream" and "Go the balls!"

"Fuck that off!" use it today!

*Warning, this phrase may not get your point across clearly. Side effects may include fits of giggling and symptoms exhibited by those who are mentally challenged. While using this phrase people will likely look at you like an idiot. Use only as directed. If directed to use it, don't. Instead find a sex partner and fuck it off.*

20. Fu_unji_kun

Fu_unji_kun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    None Other
    I just wanna say thank you to you guys who was tring to helped me out.

I read most of post, but unfortunaly I didnt understand some of them. I dont even know what is language barrier. hahaha

Again, I really thanks to Jhow, Air Jacky of course Rodney too! and some others who was tring to helped me.