1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

language barrier, arrogance, and hurt egos :P

Discussion in 'General' started by Fu_unji_kun, Sep 26, 2008.

1. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

funny stuff tfam

2. FcoBenitez

FcoBenitez Well-Known Member

Now I have a new sign /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I don't think picking on non-native English speaker's grammar is funny at all.

Even though I don't know Fu_unji, I get the feeling that he's only partially aware of the effects his comments have on others, or he's playing a clever innocent act. Either way, with the negative feedback he's received one would hope that he adapts his attitude online accordingly. Being a "nice guy in real life" doesn't give you a free pass to be rude or arrogant online.

Fu_unji's latest reply sounds a little more positive and hopefully an indication of things to come.

4. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I dont even know what is language barrier. hahaha
    </div></div> Now thats Funny lol!

5. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Lol, Tony! That was great. I laughed my ass off, thanks! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

6. DaBadSeed

DaBadSeed Well-Known Member

tony u crazy bro /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

7. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

Tfam, the VFDC deontological multicultural interpreter.

You pretty much rolled Fuji and are currently the thread winner.

Anyone else care to try?

8. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    deontological... now that's a word I haven't heard in a long time.
    But in this situation it fits /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

9. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Hmm, nah, not really down with deontological ethics and the categorical imperative. I'm more of a transient existentialist who chose a religion he believes in and feels better with than without.

Multicultural interpreter? You mean multicultural offender? XD
    I had to learn English too when I was about 10 and I had my share (still have) of English faux pas. But even at that age, I had enough sense to stay the hell away from a mainly English-speaking website if my plans were to constantly remind them how much I hated the U.S. and how I miss my island... unless I wanted to get flamed and get told stuff like "get back on your banana boat and gtfo!" Not exactly the interwub treatment I wanted to experience, that's why I never did it... but to each their own, I guess *shrugs*

10. FcoBenitez

FcoBenitez Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be words? Speaking of language barriers... We all should go back to latin... :0

11. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Am I the only guy that thought of Shang when I read this? LOL

12. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Even websites are haunted...

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Imagine what its like for me..

14. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I have nothing against Japan but I fucking despise what it apparantly represents in the video game community and the effects it has had on a generation of people from "the West".

People tend to conjur up ideas of what Japanese culture is like from what we are presented with, here, in the afforementioned "West".Every day we all bear witness to many other false ideas and stereotypes of other cultures. Yet the basic ideas people have about Japan is apparantly never swayed by this, thus deeming themselves ignorant. If you comment on a specific part of Japanese culture which clashes with their idea of the place they call you ignorant. Rendering them hypocrites.

But I won't get into that as it isn't what I'm going at...merely a rant for another time.

A culture isn't arrogant. People are.

Stop believing everything you see on telvision screens and moniters, and don't think the opposite either.

Don't draw your conclusions based on what others say draw them from your own experiences.
    If you think all Americans are self-absorbed twats then you're wrong.
    If you think all Germans are secret Nazis just waiting for the right moment then you're wrong.
    If you think all the French are timid cheese eaters then you're wrong.
    If you think the Japanese are all honorable samurai then you're wrong.
    If you think the English are all tea sipping fairies then you're wrong.

I could go on all day.

In short, read a fucking book, go to the country, drop your misguided views of a country and it's people.

The sooner everyone unplugs their head from their ass the sooner we can all stop acting like tits.

15. nikolasbelmont

nikolasbelmont Well-Known Member

Plz guys, stop saying "teh" :'( It's not cool. Even remotely. Cartman, stop saying "hella" all the time o_O

16. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Edit: That image was too bloody and vulgar, man. Please don't post pics of objectionable material.

17. mattfabb

mattfabb Well-Known Member

So, all the trouble to go through the flames and hate, and I still haven't understood what FuUnji point is. FuUnji, I have an advice for you: before posting here, copy and paste your sentence inside google search,if the grammar is wrong you will see that nobody uses that sentence.

Please make an effort because I don't understand what you want to say. Do you want to say you are very good at VF? We know that!
    Is there anything else you want to say?

18. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,290 for "fuck that off". (0.30 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of about 242 for "fuck that right off". (0.30 seconds)

19. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Plague pwned me again!