1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Las Vegas Virtua Fighter

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by DoctorForHire, Jun 13, 2012.

1. DoctorForHire

DoctorForHire Member

Pretty sure most of the players in Vegas already play together and don't use VFDC. But just in case there's any new players or those that aren't aware of our scene post up in here and lets get some games in.

Player List:
    Macc
    Fade702
    Doctor/Smiley
    Darrin
    TrophyClub
    Richard C.

Venues:
    Immortal Gamers League
    ‎5790 Rogers St.

Gemini Arcade Palace
    4180 S Sandhill Rd

2. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Well I know that Trophy is only gonna be playing for fun and up til Evo he is focusing 100% on KoF. Also you might want to add Butters to that list. He is gonna try playing the game as well (at least until the Persona fighting game comes out). Also Paine's friend Rashaad plays as well. He just hasn't had an opportunity to pick up the game yet. I heard he is a Lei Fei player.

Also I am gonna put this out there, but I will be heading out to WNF again on 6/27 as long as it is still in the lineup. So if anyone wants to go let me know. I am entertaining the idea of heading out again next week as well.

3. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    Oh yeah, I haven't talked to him yet about it, but Suhpreme also played VF. I played him before in regular VF5 and he was solid. I saw him on the VF5FS leaderboards, but not sure how much he is playing the game.

4. DoctorForHire

DoctorForHire Member

Yeah I forgot to add Suhpreme, theres also Rahsaan and Munsu.

5. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I wanted to be sure to invite Vegas as well

Location: 950 W. Sierra Madre Avenue, Azusa,CA (call me when you arrive for the apartment number)
    Day: Saturday, August 25th
    Time: 12pm - 12am (At least 5 Setups to play on)
    Casuals: 12pm - 8pm and 10pm - 12am
    Free Tournament: 8pm - 10pm, Top 3 will win Cash and 1st Place will receive an additional prize

Please bring consoles, monitors, and controllers, but most importantly yourself.
    Food and Drinks will be available

Streaming via Twitch.tv: VFsocal and VFsocal2 (yes 2 streams)

Brian
    626-533-8163
    XBL and PSN tag = VFsocal
    Email: brisal73@gmail.com
    Facebook Event Page

6. Macc

Macc Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SRKMacc
    XBL:
    Macc
    ^^I should be able to make this. I will hit you up and let you know for sure. See if I can round up a few other Vegas heads.

7. Brisal73

This will be a bit of a rant so please be aware of that...

This past weekend NEC 13 happened on the East Coast and if you are not aware, most of the top players from the East Coast did not make the event.

I DO NOT want to see the same thing happen during this event. If you live on the West Coast. San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Arizona, Vegas, Northern California, etc... Then mark January 18th-20th as a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that you are going to be in Irvine for Socal Regionals.
    SEE YOU ALL THERE!

Shag likes this.
  8. Brisal73

9. Brisal73

For those that do not follow the Facebook : Virtua Fighter Southern California page.

I know there is a small turnout for WNF every week, but I would like to plan something bigger for March 19th. Hopefully this two week notice will get some people to WNF (including myself Brisal). Then have another meetup on April 16th and 23rd, and a possible casual session coming on April 18th or 19th (more info to come regarding that).