1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Last Final final retirement till vf5 London vf (Money) Torni.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Genzen, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Ok, the date is set, the time is set and the venue is set;

30th July, 3pm at Sham's place.

£2 for entry, winner gets takings, 2nd gets entry back and 3rd gets booby prize (to be arranged).

All who are interested PLEASE reply, and I hope we have a good turn-out.

2. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

I'll come.

Shaun, let me know the train times ASAP. What times are the best to go down/come back? I'm assuming first thing Sat, first thing Sunday? (I.e. 10/11am Sat, 12ish Sun?). I can then go to Manchester after work and book the ticket's in person. Shaun, do you want me to buy you a return ticket at the same time I buy mine? I will buy them and you can give me the money on the day (I did the same thing with a Tekken player back in May).

Oh, and I wanna make sure I can crash at the Gaff (or Iron Mike's?). Otherwise it park bench city, LOL.

3. FISHandONEchip

FISHandONEchip Well-Known Member

i can't make it due to the bombings

4. Jeffahn

Jeffahn Well-Known Member

Is the booby prize a sheep?

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Why, are you Welsh?

Ade, the ticket thing sounds good. Book them for early Sat morning, and let me know the details. Then I'll just get on a train to Manchester and meet you. (it will be Victoria Station, so get the tickets from there if you can).

P.s. I too will require a place to sleep, if someone would be so kind.....

6. SlimTYME

Before I CONFIRM that I'm going, is the underground back on? I don't fancy getting buses across London TBH, I'll leave it if it isn't.

If It IS I'll be travelling from Piccadilly, so I will have to meet you at Victoria station, so you won't get lost.

The ticket's will be 24 quid each. Do you want me to get the ticket's for 12 noon on the way there and the way back? (You have to give SPECIFIC times and be on those train's you have 'selected'). So 12 noon (as near as) for Sat the 30th and 12 noon (As near as) on the 31st Sunday?

7. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

trains and buses are back up, except with the usual fucking delays.

oh and im up for the event btw.

8. SlimTYME

[ QUOTE ]
    KS_Vanessa said:

oh and im up for the event btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might have to sit this one out then.

9. KS_Vanessa

mate i meant the usual delays that happan to every transportation system. ! Jeez, do you live in a barrel?

The trains are running pretty good now id say

10. SlimTYME

[ QUOTE ]
    KS_Vanessa said:

mate i meant the usual delays that happan to every transportation system. ! Jeez, do you live in a barrel?

The trains are running pretty good now id say

[/ QUOTE ]

How long will the underground be out for?

11. KS_Vanessa

thats the thing, it aint out. met line has resumed service to kings cross bout a day and a half ago.

piccadily line, circle and hammersmith and city line are kinda out, but all 3 of this go the same way anyway, and theres always other routes to take.

check www.tfl.gov.uk/tube

12. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    KS_Vanessa said:

[/ QUOTE ]
    Note half jke half truth,
    I thought it was common knowledge that London transport sucks, /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    guess thats why the Northern boy's didn't get your sarcasm what with their trams, monorails and sky/airships.

13. SlimTYME

Well, we'll have to see. Shaun, I doubt I'm gonna go, it doesn't right going down in reflection of the past few weeks. Soz Man.

14. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Ade you suck!!!

There is nothing wrong with the transport system, it is the same now as it was 2 weeks ago.....

Anyway, can someone help me with booking a ticket. I need a website/telephone number that I can use to find out train times and book a ticket.

P.s. KS, nice to hear you will come, appreciated man.

15. Jeffahn

Jeffahn Well-Known Member

Ev2,

Try thetrainline.com . Transport should be fine on the day.

16. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

VF5 ????? when did that happen then, and are we getting it????,

17. _stroppa_

_stroppa_ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SlimAdey said:

Well, we'll have to see. Shaun, I doubt I'm gonna go, it doesn't right going down in reflection of the past few weeks. Soz Man.

[/ QUOTE ]

lame excuse. the people of london are pretty much going about things as if nothing happened. some of the tube lines are affected obviously, but with a bit of pre-planning you can still get from a to b, albeit via c...

i'd probably be interested in this myself, but i don't really like going to these things on me own...and i don't think any of the scottish 'manz' will be up for it.

18. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    What happened to that long haired guy who used to try and play VF sometimes? Give him a call or something /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

19. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Graeme, stop whining and get your ass down there. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Also, ask Ryan and Li if they would be interested, coz I'm sure if you guys come down then more people would be intersted and we would have a big turn-out.

20. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Has anyone got in touch with Ryan to see if he can make it?
    What about all those other guys that came up, and all the other London heads?

Columbo Jacky
    Jide
    Hatim
    Jun
    Knee Ninja??? (I forget if he came up).
    RandomHajile (though no great tragedy if he can't make it).
    King Souther
    Geewai Ho
    BK
    Akairyu Medion

Someone get in contact with these guys and tell them about the meeting....