1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Latest Arcadia Tierliest

Discussion in 'General' started by KiwE, Dec 22, 2005.

1. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

First of all, I would say that it's unnecessary to write "fuck tiers!!!111one I beat my kid brothers Gouku all the time!" as a comment in this thread. But we all know it's going to happen so... without further ado I present Arcadias VF:FT tierlist. Atleast imho it's interesting to read.

[ QUOTE ]
    Virtua Fighter 4: Final Tuned

Top-High:
    Kage
    Jacky

Top-low:
    Pai
    Aoi

Mid-High:
    Lau
    Sara

Mid-Low:
    Akira
    Wolf
    Lion

Low-High:
    Vanessa
    Brad <----------- Yay! Moving up in the world son!
    Shun

Low-Low:
    Jeffry
    Gou
    Leifei <----------- Wow

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit:The Source is SRK @ http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105515

/KiwE

2. Yuki-sensei

Yuki-sensei Well-Known Member

actually... i thought Van would be abit higher than where they placed her.

as for both Kage and jacky... *yawn* i thought that that's where'd they be.

overall, i never really aggreed with these so called tier lists.

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

The two top tier sections should be reversed.

Sarah is too high, Vanessa and Shun are too low.

Akira is just a tad too high.

Lei is way way way too low.

This almost looks like a popularity chart to me, everyone likes ninjas and race car drivers, but no one likes black people and monks I guess.

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

You didn't know Kage is black? He's THE black ninja.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

What's "tougeki damashi?" Is that the same thing as Arcadia? I wonder how these tiers were authored...some surprising placings there.

6. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Tougeki = Super Battle Opera

Tougeki home page

Tougeki is the core group responsible for holding the Super Battle Opera fighting game tournament which is partly sponsored by Arcadia magazine. It is one of the only legal tournaments where prizes are awarded in Japan. It is a major event in Japan, I believe last years was nationally televised. The listed games are announced months in advance and mostly highlight popular and new fighting games.

Arcadia in their latest edition decided to cover the games for SBO and put up a tier list for each game. Its easier to judge the games that have been out for sometime like SF3:Third Strike but some games like Hokuto no Ken have only been out for no more than 3 months.

Each game runs on a different format and teams are common. I think the VF tourney is 3 man team.

7. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Re: Tougeki = Super Battle Opera

Kage obviously top. Surprised that Akira is so low, I guess alot of his moves have been nerfed.

8. Pai_Garu

Tougeki Spirits is an Arcadia Special. Basically gives a review of the year's Tougeki tourney and included a DVD with highlight matches and interviews.

The actual Tougeki match DVD is a separate purchase.

9. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Go, go, "Gou"... not.

They should just ditch him in VF5. What a crappy char.

10. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

A Goh apparently did pretty well at the VF5 play test.
    Which worries me. I hope Sega doesn't take that as a sign that he's suddenly too strong.

11. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

There's an astoundingly strong Goh player Ali and I saw at Beat Tribe yesterday whose name escapes me at the moment... and from what I heard, he's also someone being consulted in the production of VF5. Hmmm.

12. ilovesun

ilovesun New Member

Aoi is not top tier character. How many tournies were won by Aoi users?

13. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Plenty of tournaments have been won by Akira, Lion, and Shun players, and they aren't top tier.

You are misguided if you think Aoi isn't close to the top.

14. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

If you want a tier list then look at a breakdown of individual character coverage at the entrance point of a competition.
    Its the most reliable way. Individual opinions of tier list tend to be tainted by personal experience, ie I always have difficulty against character X or character Y has the potential to be top tier if only more people used them or Character Z has moves with these properties which would make them top tier if applied properly.

15. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Or hide behind "TFT is so fucking broken I swear I'm not playing anymore if you keep picking that cheap bastard"

16. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

KS3 makes this thread absolutely pointless

YOMI-YOMI-YOMI-YOMI

17. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Quiet fools!

We all know Jeff is absolute top, he has a boat.

18. Pai_Garu

Well, this Tier List was written by –î‰i (Yanaga) who I believe also went by the name Mr. Satan, with the assistance of none other than Homestay Akira. So... take that however you will.

Maybe they thought Kage was tops cause of the experience in NY with Kyasao and Ryan Hart, hehe.

edit: sorry, thanks for pointing out the messed up encoding.. now it's fixed.

19. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

Well, this Tier List was written by $BLp1J(B

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE THAT GUY

GE

20. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

Mr. Satan

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't trust Satan when writing lists. I once went out to get some milk and ended up buying a bullwhip, latexcondoms and a cow named Georgia. Now I had a good time but it wasn't what I expected.

/KiwE