1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Latest on Goh

Discussion in 'Goh' started by SanFran_MAN, Sep 18, 2012.

1. SanFran_MAN

SanFran_MAN Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Tsumaki_Kid
    XBL:
    Tsumaki Kid
    Since no one has really posted or said anything in this forum I would just like to ask the fellow Goh players what they have learned new or what kind of method they usually use with Goh in their online battles. For me I usually go with my same routine in my online match which is pretty scrubbing when it comes to me playing fighting games, since I haven't developed my fundamentals quite yet such as fuzzy guarding, frames, and countering throws. So please if you could share your knowledge of what you know as an experienced Goh player that would be great, thank you.

2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    If you're struggling with basics, you should start by reading the New Starter forum and after grasping those move to every other Goh thread for strats because most of it is there.

3. FenixCade

FenixCade Member

One thing I've been using is throwing out 9K+G after someone tech rolls. They usually block when they get up so when 9K+G lands, I'm at +4 frames which allows me to follow up with a 2P CH if someone tries to throw me or pk punish before following up with a crouching grab of my choice.

4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Dunno really where I'd post this stuff, don't want to make a new thread.

I saw in a vid (beat tribe cup 2011) that Goh did shoulder under Shun K+G and went o_O since I thought the evade ability had been totally butchered.

Tested results: Goh can be hit with high on frames 1-6. From frame 7 onwards he goes under all highs. I think recovery frames can be hit with highs though, but I didn't bother testing that.
    As for Shun's K+G being a mid, going under that is a breeze but no way to go under, say, Jacky 6P. I'll just assume Shun K+G hitbox is really high up and shoulder could go under other "highish" mids too.

I toyed around with Goh options vs Jacky shuffle from different starters and then proceeded to try Jackys Sabaki combos: one weird quip came up there. I tried the parry on Goh's 3P and it didn't work. Then I tried with Aoi reversal animations and yes: Goh's 3P is actually an elbow, not a punch. Dunno how you can see that animation being an elbow but hey, good for Goh, I'll take it.

As for the SS entries the only new thing I found out was that after 1P normal hit -> SS Goh can do 3PP to beat all options. CH everything else but SS P but on the other hand goes under it for minor counter.

I know 3P goes under some highs seemingly randomly, I've never been able to get a reliable way to make it work before. Unfortunately it doesn't work quite so nicely from other SS entries.

Last thing: 6K+G is special high, it should beat low rising kicks right? I've never ever been able to get that to work. After trying it again just now, I still haven't got it to work. What's up with that? Low rising kicks have too low hitboxes for s.highs? Does this happen with other s.highs?

5. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    3P resembled more of an elbow in VF5R. I guess it's another reason why some of the new animations in FS were unnecessary.

6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Wasn't R's 3P just his old 14f mid? At least in ver.C it was actually a mid punch, not an elbow so they kinda switched that one around too. From an elbow looking punch into a really punch looking elbow.I guess the old one was a pretty stupid looking move since I couldn't even tell whether he was punching or elbowing. I liked it for not looking like a general elbow though.

7. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke

As seen in :36, he did have 3PP in earlier versions of R, but the first P looks more like he was swinging his elbow.

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Oh, so it seems. His 236P+K headbutt is also looking better in R. 46P+K,P,P was a bound in R. I guess back then you coulndn't hit it at the end of everything though.

9. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Chibitox asked me earlier today about 2_6P+G into a wallhit. I kinda thought the move is utter BS in FS but I guess I've just tested it on Jacky or something back when I did.

From a straight wallhit you can get stuff like

Eileen 2_6P+G W, 2P, 6_P, 66P+K, 3P,P W, 2_3P+K (83)
    Eileen 2_6P+G W, 2P, 6_P, 46P+K,P,6P
    Eileen & Goh 2P, 46P+K,P,6P W, 2_3P+K (78)
    Lion 2_6P+G, 46P+K,P,6P W, 2_3P+K (76)
    Lion 2_6P+G, dash 2P, 46P+K,P,6P W, 2_3P+K (78)

Jacky 2_6P+G, 46P+K,P,6P W, 2_3P+K (76) requires a certain angle
    Jacky 2_6P+G, dash 2P, 46P+K,P,6P (66)

The damage up to Goh seems to be consistently good and that 66 on Jacky is arguably better than his regular throws or wallthrows since you lose just 4 damage and get to keep the opponent where he doesn't want to be: next to a wall while forcing a tech.

Definitely re-adding this to my arsenal. Needs some research on combo consistency from different angles and such still.