1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Latest PS2 pics

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by ecvjz, Jan 1, 2002.

1. ecvjz

ecvjz Member

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    there's no reason to nay-say these images. They are unquestionably PS2.

Again, there are still no hit-effect lights here, and the uniquely placed "card" icons (they are higher on the screen then the arcade, and there is no phone line icon); and the training mode "learn" window make it clear as day.

Spotlite

3. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

They seem to be better in graphical terms. There are more folds on clothes and the textures are more hi-res. And the leaves on Kage's stage (on the trees and stage) look much better too.

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I agree. I always belived that the PS2's abillity to produce more polygons than Naomi2 would give us more detailed characters and stages. Especially in Wolf's stage, the crowd are more detailed and smoother looking compared to the Virtual cop 1 style models in the Arcade.

So far so good, it's only the lighting that has to be addressed now. On another note, I'd love it if they had a debug mode like VF2 on the Saturn where it would be possible to turn off the hit-effect lights as to me it would look far more realistic. Purely trivial but it would make me happy.

VF4 is still at the top of my Must have list.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Not to be a party pooper, but...

With all the work that must go into making a home conversion of VF4, does anyone really think they took the time to redo the polygon models to make them more realistic and detailed? (hint: no)
    If we're lucky they have some conversion program that creates perfect 1:1 conversions of the AM2 models (whatever format they may be in... does anyone have a clue what software AM2 uses to make 3D characters?)
    They certainly don't look *bad*, which is encouraging. I'll be glad to own the game.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

So there's the new stage...

bleah, it looks like a tekken stage. A standard construction thingy with black and yellow striped girders, chain link fence, and a sheet metal floor.
    It actually looks like a specific tekken stage, but I couldn't say whose. Maybe the hidden character will be gunjack.

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> textures are more hi-res.

And you can tell all this from 325x260 low compression jpgs? Give me a break already.

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I'm worried.

www.coremagazine.com has just released an article showing the same pictures from gamespot but, are claiming they are from the finished version. If this is indeed the case then the lighting effects don't seem to be included.

It could just be that the pictures weren't taken during the light-effect frames but that seems a little far fetched. Note, Jacky's stage wasn't shown, that will be the true confirmation.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Coremagazine is full of shit. They steal shit from am2 or any other mag's site. They paste their monster logo on it, then they report pure misinformation. Then they try to prevent you from saving these pics they scammed from other sites, encouraging you to give credit to them. That's sleazy.

I mean, the game may be finished, but the pics they get aren't from that finished version I'm fairly certain. Pai's stage is missing fish in one of the zdnet pix. We'll see finished pics later, when someone can buy the damn thing.

10. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Fair enough. The proof is indeed in the pudding.

11. FILTH

FILTH Member

There has never been a perfect graphical port of any Virtua Fighter game for a home system, but that has never stoppped it from being the best poly fighter in and outside the arcade.

12. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

erm, where?

It looks like a VF4 clan's message board, but if the pix are in one particular thread I'll never guess where they are /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member