1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau low hit attacks?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Nov 5, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ice 9 I've been using your Step 1 guide to help me become a better Lau player. Now I've tried to do the D/F P,P,P but I don't seem to get it. Is the action more like a Ken fireball in SF, and then P,P,P. Another thing...I've been trying to use the Jisoutai as my main low attack...also been trying d/f K,K to attack low, as well as d/f P+K. The d/f P+K can that be made into some kind of combo where you continue to strike as you would the elbo/palm? What other low hits can I use to with my combos? Any input is appriciated---Thankz---M. Wong

2. Guest

Guest Guest

->Now I've tried to do the D/F P,P,P but I don't seem to get it. Is the action more like a Ken fireball in SF, and then P,P,P.

Well the easiest way to do upknife is to crouch first, then move the stick to D/F and press punch. You can get a slightly faster Upknife by using crouch dash, then D/F+P (make sure you are in crouch status when you press the D/F+P), some people also use dragon punch motion to get crouch dash (f,d,d/f), then D/F+P. A small note, you have to do the dragon punch motion slower than what you do in SF/KoF ^^;

Lau's low attack = Jisoutai, that is it (!) nothing else. Of course you also need to use CD, low punch a lot, but d+k,k...etc isn't quite useful at all (bad frame stats, first kick leave lau standing, no counter throw guranteed if any of the kicks counter hit, 2nd/3rd/4th kicks are all blockable unless the 1st counter hit.)

-> d/f+P+K : as for as i know it is only 1 hit (?).

3. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Another method, is to use the "Duckwalk" motion. By Duckwalk, one holds on to d/f for a small amount of time, and then depress P. By using a certain amount of timing, you should be able to obtain the D/F+P. =]

Hope that helps.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

It does help thankz. What about this Lau Low four hit combo? What are the moves?

5. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

I think they were talking about the 4 sweeps, D+K,K,D+K,K+G

There are some odd uses for this in combos, but it's usually pretty limited. I haven't toyed with it much though, since Lau isn't one of my favorites. The best I've gotten with the 4 hits in it was on a downslope against lightweights, u/f+K, d+K,K,D+K,K+G. On a MC you can get a P in after the u/f+K for 6 total hits. Not much damage, but hey, it's different. For damage off the u/f+K MC on a downslope, D/F+P,P,P,K, light pounce will work.

The only good use of it I've seen in a combo is when taka is knocked face down. Then all 4 hits tag him OTB.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

::What about this Lau Low four hit combo? What are the moves?::
    Move the joystick to down {not down/forward) and while holding it there, press K twice, then very quickly release the joystick to neutral and return it back to down (holding it there again) while pressing kick (while in the down position) and then pressing K+G as quickly as possible (while still holding down). This must all be done smoothly and very quickly. It will probably take a lot of practice to get the fourth kick out -- you may even find getting the third kick out to be hard (depends on your reflexes, timing, and dexterity).

Wolfstudent

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I believe someone once posted on the old board an alternative method of doing the 4 low kicks which I find to be much easier - d+K x4. Yup, just repeat d+K 3 times and then d+K+G ( ie TAP not hold d with every press of K or K+G ). Works all the time.

Wen

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Lau's four sweeps are best used as a mini-guessing game:

<pre><font face=courier>
    D+K,K, D+K ->
    -> elbow crouching opponents
    -> throw standing opponents
    -> final D+K+G sweep if the opponent tries to interrupt or stays standing
    </pre></font>

The third low kick is best since the recovery is fastest there among the four. be forewarned that if the 4 sweep is blocked, Lau is at a big disadvantage.

ice-9 | Sennin

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Thankz guys this has helped very much.