1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau VF5 Final Showdown Combos

Discussion in 'Lau' started by AlexMD, Jun 2, 2012.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I put those there before the move names were added merely to differentiate the combo starters from the followups

2. Fome

Fome New Member

I see. I was confused because unlike everything else, the side-attack section did not have the exclamation point, so I thought it meant something special.

3. InterDinghy

InterDinghy Member

I'm trying to work on [3][P][+][K] combos, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the [​IMG][3][P] move to hit after they're launched even against lightweights. Is there some kind of trick to making it hit? I can get it with a little consistency against lightweights by doing [3][2][3][P] immediately after the launcher, but I don't know if that's actually doing anything or if I'm just getting lucky.

edit: Nevermind I can get it 100% of the time just doing a dragon punch [6][2][3] for some reason.

4. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    SHORYUKEN! But in all seriousness, I'm pretty sure [3][2][3] is actually the way to do it. At least that's what I remember with my limited Lau experience.

5. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Can someone tell me how to do Instant While Standing [K]

6. Oldboy

Oldboy Active Member

Is that possible? I usually just buffer 33/11 wait half a second and press k. Could probably just do 2G wait K.

7. DatNewCharisma

DatNewCharisma New Member

8. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    Just like any [​IMG][6] typo move -[3][3][6][K] or [1][1][6][K]
    [6] may be replaced with [4], it doesn't matter.

The best for me is [1][5][2][1][4][K] on both 1P and 2P sides.

9. Dae

Dae Member

XBL:
    Daemondym
    So, I'm sure there's better tech for it, but, fun opening combo.
    [9][K]
    combos into
    [P][P][P][K] for 63 (I haven't tried this against Taka, but it works on wolf)
    [P][P][P][2][K] for 55.
    Will also combo into [K][K] for 49 and some other things. These numbers are on normal hit, not with counter hit bonus, which it's possible to get.
    [9][K] is super unsafe on block. But will go over many mids, all lows, and will catch backdash from starting position. It is linear, so watch for opening sidesteps. It can be used to jump over people who use low sweeps from KD, but only at proper range. If ranged properly, you can jump into a whiff on the rising mid kick as well, making this a good range wakeup combo.

10. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

CH [3][P][+][K]

[6][P][+][K][P], [3][K][P][P] 96 points (MW)
    [6][P][+][K][P], [2][P][+][K], [​IMG][3][P][P][+][K] 98 points (MW)
    [P], [2][P][+][K], [​IMG][3][P][P][+][K] 87 points (HW)
    [P], [2][P][+][K], [9][K][+][G][P] 87 points (HW)

11. Sharizord

Sharizord Active Member

Any Taka combos or Taka specific strings i should know about ?

12. GodEater

sure.

13. Sharizord

Sharizord Active Member

There is no reason to be unhelpful if you happen to know any.

14. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

He is probably a Taka player lurking in Lau's forum. [​IMG]

Most floats -> 66K+G, 4P+KP+K

3KPP works on normal hit

15. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Here is a few more:

PPK on normal hit

Stance 3P -> 3PPPK

16. GodEater

and J6 is helping you out by (I assume) going into Dojo and messing around. Something you could easily do and then share with the group instead of just look for someone to supply the information for you.

I love the character sub-forums but I've discovered there is a lot of "waiting for fish" which is really too bad since Sega has delivered a product that can teach every man to fish for themselves.

Don't be shy about creating your own content. if you're anything like myself you'll get most of it accurate and make some mistakes that others will correct.

17. Sharizord

Sharizord Active Member

Awesome.

Thanks [​IMG]

18. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Some random Lau Wall tricks you can try to put to use...
    I'll be uploading a video of it later today so if this seems confusing just hold up a bit and you'll have a video [​IMG]

But first some simple wallsplat combos.
    Combo 1: Wallsplat > [4][6][K]+[G] > [3][2][3][P][P]+[K] > [6][6][K]+[G] > [6][P]+[K][P]+[K] some characters will hit the wall again at this point, and you can do While Rising [K]
    Combo 2: Same as above, but end with [3][2][3][P][P]+[K] instead of [6][P]+[K][P]+[K]
    Combo 3: after stomach crumple [4][P]+[K][P] > wall hit > [4][6][K]+[G] > [3][2][3][P][P]+[K] > [6][6][K]+[G] > ender

1: Basic Wallsplats / Staggers

• [4][K]
      The most basic of his wall stagger starters. [4][K] > wall stagger > [4][K] from the right distance is guaranteed no matter how fast they struggle, can be followed by Combo 3
    • While Rising [K] close to the wall.
      Combo 1 & 2
    • [6][P]+[G]
      This throw can lead into a wall combo. SOME characters can't be rebounced with [4][6][K]+[G], not sure which ones yet. Do Combo 1 & 2 after.
    • [2][K]+[G]
      A low hit, when close to the wall causes a small wall hit, follow with [6][6][K]+[G] > ender.
    • Kokei [6][P]+[K] guard break
      This give +17 frames. Follow with this combo, very hard to struggle out of based on distance from the wall, but CAN be escaped.
      Kokei [6][P]+[K] > [4][6][P]+[K] > wall hit > [4][K] > Combo 3

2: Wallhits / side wall hits
    • [1][P]
      At an angle this causes a side wall hit. Depending on stance you can do:
      Lau's chest facing wall [3][P]+[K] > [P][P][P][K] > wall hit > [6][6][K]+[G] > ender
      Lau's back facing wall [3][P]+[K] > [3][K][P][P] < This one needs testing, works on some characters.
    • [6][P][P] [P]+[K]+[G]
      Same angle as the [1][P] combo causes a side wall hit, and Kokei [P]+[K] will cause side crumple giving you this combo:
      [6][P][P] [P]+[K]+[G] > wall hit > Kokei [P]+[K] > OM > Combo 1 & 2
    • [6][6][P]+[K]
      This move pushes the opponent towards Lau's back. Meaning if your back is facing the wall, and with the right angle, causes a normal wall hit or side wall hit.
      Normal wall Hit Back turned [K] > Combo 1 & 2
      Side wall hit Back turned [P]+[K] > OM > Combo 1 & 2
    • [P][P][P][K]
      With Lau's chest facing the wall, if the LAST [P] hits them into the wall, the [K] is guaranteed and causes wallsplat. Can do Combo 1 & 2

Part 3: Various Other Wall Uses
    • [2][1][4][P]+[G]
      With the right spacing you get can 2 things.
      If they are perpendicular to the wall after the throw [6][P][P] [P]+[K]+[G] > wall stagger > Kokei [4][K] > wall hit > combo 1 & 2
      Not perpendicular to wall after throw [6][P][P] [P]+[K]+[G] > wall stagger > Kokei [4][K] > NO wall hit > [6][6][K]+[G] > [6][P]+[K][P]+[K]

I'll have more later, with a video. Test em out, they're pretty cool [​IMG]

19. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Good stuff, Johoseph!

Just something to note:

You can replace [3] [2] [3] [P] [P] [+] [K] with [4] [P] [+] [K] [P] [+] [K] in all those combo's after [4] [6] [K] [+] [G]

OR, for the true Lau players (aka lazy mofo's [​IMG] ), replace it with [K] [K]

They both do the same damage, which is like 1 or 2 more than 323p p+k [​IMG] . kk is a little less reliable, though.

Also note that if you get a sidewallstagger with a move that leaves you in kokei, you can follow up with kokei p+k to get a sidecrumple [​IMG]

20. Johoseph

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Here's the video I promised. Quality is shit but the content is good [​IMG]

Chanchai likes this.