1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau Wiki

Discussion in 'Lau' started by J6Commander, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

By the way, I love the way you phrased this question.

2. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

When she's face down, ass up, attack the weak point for MAXIMUM DAMAGE!!!!!!!

3. GMonroy

GMonroy Well-Known Member

LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

4. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Updated the combo section with missing damage info, some new combos and some correction on char specific struff.
    Added punishment chart
    Added Kokei moves desciption.

5. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Combo section updated:
    - Added official moves name
    - New combo added for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. From amusebeebee clips (Uraoosh)
    - New combo added for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif against light weights. And added comments about combos work on heavy weights.
    - Correction on guard break combos.

6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Good work on the lau wiki.

It's hella late in where I live so I'm not going to try my wiki-changing skills right now but there are better combos out of MC Kokei K.

Usually if the 2nd punch whiffs on b+P+K, FC df+P or somesuch string follow-ups then the opponent can exact recover (dunno about LW's though).

Here's a couple of basic examples.
    MC Kokei K
    1. OM F+P,b+P,P
    2. OM df+P,P,P,K
    3. Dash df+P,P,P,K

1. seems to work on all LW's and MW's regardless of stance. Not too good damage though.

2. Is strange. On Wolf for example you OM towards his back like usual and no need for delays which makes it easy. Unusual business is that it's not stance specific. That's 68 guaranteed easy damage for watching opponents backs direction.

On Akira how ever it works on open stance if you OM towards Akiras front (weird). Requires delay on punches like usual. Closed, you OM towards Akiras back (so basically you're always going for your own front) but the first df+P hits nonconsistently (I'm tired though so maybe I'm just screwing up).

I haven't really tested it on others (should check Jeffry) since I have:

3. Kind of simple. Just delay the first df+P as long as you can so the second P misses always. Same 68 with differing delays but it's not stance specific! At least on anyone I've done it on.

If this works on everyone with no stance requirements then go for it on everyone except HW's.

Everything tested with exact recovery on.
    If someone makes changes before me then here's another thing.

b,b+P -11 TEG & ETEG mentioned in wiki. (In the end, disadvantage chart.).
    That's either very wrong or someone needs to teach me how to ETEG while backturned /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

EDIT:
    More notes. f+P+K
    2. f+P+K, d+P, d+P+K... can definately be exact recovered by Akira (before d+P+K hits for the bounce). I have not tested the others but I'd be amazed if it was a true combo against anyone but the girls.

Very good against anyone who doesn't exact recover though, so a note about it should be enough.

3. f+P+K, FC df+P,P,P,P,K is missing one P. Wiki says FC df+P,P,P,K

That's all for now.

7. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Hm, some changes to what I said above.

My tiredness seems to have caused "auto-delay" on my punches as the df+P,P,P,K requires delay in the flop combos just as in slam combos even on heavies as opposed to what I said above.

For some reason I couldn't make OM df+P,P,P,K connect from other stance (don't remember which) on Wolf although I can say with certainty that I did it yesterday.

I did some match testing with MC Kokei K, df+P,P,P,K and noticed that if you whiff a jab between Kokei K and df+P it times itself right.
    With this method however you are forced to do the delay on df+P,P,P,K between the 2nd and 3rd punch (normally I would do it between 1st and 2nd, easier for me) or else the 2nd hits and ruins the refloat for the final K.

On Pai you can do
    MC Kokei K, delay df,df+P,P,b+P,P for 59 in both stances. Some delay between lunging knife and first HP required.

Again, all done with exact recovery on. And again, it's so friggin' late here that I'm not going to make changes now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

8. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

I might also add that if you are too close with the MC K, and using the whiffed P, you will do a second hit and not be able to get the final K, at least from what I've seen.

9. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Hm? That's what the part after the whiff was about. You can avoid the 2nd punch hitting if you change your delay for this combo. Not sure if it's on all characters though.

What I mean is that normally during df+P,P,P,K combos I do
    df+P, delay, (P),P,K
    In this case I do
    whiff P, df+P,(P), delay, P,K
    so far I've managed to whiff the 2nd punch like that on people I've tested this on.

I've been testing this a bit (just a bit, I'm lazy) but I'm not making any changes untill I know if it's stance dependent on someone or not, since I'm 100% sure I've hit this on Wolf and Akira from both stances.

I intend to test tonight if the df,df+P combo works on all girls. Good damage (should be 69 BTW, typo in above post) and it's completely guaranteed.

I'm sorry I'm a bit busy with work and hobbies so the testing results are taking a while.

10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Some testing done. Everything done with exact recovery on (removes all possibility of escape and the damage variances. Since most people don't seem to understand it: damage does not vary if the opponent doesn't hit the floor. For example b,f+P, df+P,P,P,K does exactly 58 on everyone if done properly).

Also I did not test heavy weights (Wolf, Jeff) or Shun (funky hit box, possibility of DP drain juggles).

Here goes
    MC Kokei K:

- df,df+P,P,b+P,P
    works for girls from BOTH stances and Lion from CLOSED for 69.

Did not hit Blaze in either stance. Next weight I tested was Lau, no success.

- b+P+K,P,b+P,P
    I only did this on Lion, Blaze, Akira and Lau. Works on Lion, Blaze and Akira from OPEN stance for 68. Does not connect on Lau.

For me it only matters on Akira so far, since the one below does only 1 point less with no stance specs (if I can avoid them with such small losses, I will). An open stance combo up to Akira I presume.

- FC df+P,P,b+P,P
    This I did on Lion, Blaze, Kage, Lau, Jacky, Akira.

This seems to be the universal mid weight combo.
    Works from BOTH stances on Lion, Blaze, Kage, Lau and Jacky for 67 and I'd be amazed if it didn't work on other MW's too. Works on Akira from CLOSED stance only.

Those are sure.

I also did that df+P refloat juggle and it worked on girls, Lion, Blaze and Jacky (not sure of Jacky, I think I did it on him, doesn't matter). On Lau the P that should whiff ended up hitting no matter how I tried but you can just upknife for 67 anyway. And funnily enough, it really is not stance dependant although you'd think so.

I'll run tests on Shun and heavies tomorrow.

I mentioned the characters I tested the combos on in each section. If they don't work on someone not mentioned that you'd logically think they should then please report.

EDIT: Oh well

One for Jeff: Kokei MC K, whiff P, df+P,(P),P,K
    OPEN stance, no delays required.

I think I managed to get the combo to hit from closed with OM after Kokei K but not sure if I had exact recovery on and it required delay... No luck on Wolf with this one.

Have to figure something out tomorrow.

11. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

Lei Fei as well, combo! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I pulled it off online last night and was pretty happy about it.

My bad about the other post. I misread a couple things.

One thing that seems logical to mention if you plan on using this online though: it's pretty frame dependent, and more so than just /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif~ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif by about 2-3 frames. I only say this because usually when you flip out of Kokei with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif online it gets pretty risky if you're really pushing this combo, and you'll probably whiff the spin kick most of the time anyway, unless you get very used to it.

In short, it's L33t tech, and you have to be a true cut-throat baller like O.J. Simpson to make it work for you.

12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Nope, I only play some laggless player matches and other than that I'm all offline player.

I'm not all that much into doing that delay combo either, that's why I try figuring out the "real" MC Kokei K combos now.

I still haven't tested Jeffry in closed or Wolf in general since I'm a bit out of ideas of what might work.

I guess this
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lei Fei as well, combo! \:D
    </div></div>
    is for the whiffing punch hitting? I didn't try Lei, but I'd bet you could do the upknife combo on him for 67 both stances.

13. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

Jeff is a no, both stances. He fops right before the re float.

Correct.

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Jeff is a no, both stances. He fops right before the re float. </div></div>
    Come again?
    Kokei MC K, whiff P, df+P,(P),P,K from open stance without any delays anywhere should work perfectly.

15. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

Well, yeah it will hit, but it's really not a combo; it can be exact recovered.

The best I got was the re float punch landing but the spin kick being way off.

16. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

No it's not. I've been hitting it with exact recovery on the whole time and as far as I know the exact recovery option in dojo works as it should.

The only time it doesn't work is if you hit the Kokei K with the very tip of your foot (which almost never happens) and even then the result is different from what you describe (the refloat punch misses).

Damn I'd really like to know which part is amiss here. I know it works.

EDIT: This is an idiot question but are you sure you're doing it on JEFF open stance. Because that's what happens against Wolf...

17. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

Yes, it's on Jeff and open stance, and yes it does work on Wolf and not Jeff. Try for yourself.

PM me some stuff you may want to test out if you have time restraints so we can keep the boards clean.

18. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I really have no idea what is going on.
    I get it on Jeff, not Wolf. And it's not like I wouldn't have "tried it myself". I do it almost everytime I check this board just to make sure I'm not wrong about this.

I'll try to figure out a way to make a vid or something since this is getting kind of bothersome.

19. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    FYI I tried and on first time I couldnt get the combo to hit at all /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Okay I finally had time to sit down and test stuff.

MC Kokei /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif on Jeffry in open stance is a real combo, its not exact recoverable. However, if you do NOT press forward during the first punch (that whiffs) it IS exact recoverable.