1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau's home (Everything to do with Lau)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by LAU Abuser, Jan 27, 2002.

1. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

As we are exposed to Sarah's pokes and throws, lets discuss how Lau can imitate Sarah's pokes.

Most Lau players simply: LP, dodge, elbow...(another elbow wouldn't hurt)
    I think Lau's best throws are:

<font color=red>P+G(always No.1) Reason being its simple and not many oppo counter this particular one... and a stomp afterwards is confirmed.</font color=red>
    <font color=orange>[situation] If you're on the verge of being Ringout[having the edge of the ring behind you], a desperate attempt to counter Ringout your opponent is to use P+G. Even if your oppo counters your P+G, he/she will still 'cartwheel' over you and thus >>> Ringout themselves.</font color=orange>

b,f+P+G(no.2 choice of all times) its good damage and a stomp after that... ahmm... is almost guaranteed... though i will say its gauranteed.... its quite often countered because of its counterpart:f+P+G. (both can be countered by f+P+G)

2. LAU Abuser

Poor floaters/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Although d/f+P+K floats oppo (even the heavys) high enough for any P,P,P... combos, its excution is slow enough for oppo to intercept...
    Most of Lau's floaters come from MCs...thus its better to stick with CR,d/f+P.

3. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

If you want damage, df,df+P+G or b,f+P+G are good choices... for ringouts, you could simply use b+P+G for a harder escape than straight P+G. For guessing games, b,d+P+G is great... b,f+P them as they struggle, or if they don't struggle, go for a b,b+P combo.

4. LAU Abuser

Combo time!!!
    Can anyone at on to this list? I'll state a few of my own...

With...
    <font color=red>1. u/f+K: d/f+K,P,P (hold down d/f or rolling method
    >>>>>>>P,b+P,P
    >>>>>>>d/f+P,PPPK
    >>>>>>>d/f+P+K repeat it if applicable)</font color=red>

<font color=orange>2. d/f+P+K: P(G), CR,d/f+P, P+K,optional
    continuation: [P+K / D+K,K]</font color=orange>

5. LAU Abuser

Coolest moves>_</versus/images/icons/smile.gif

1. b,b+P>d+P>PPPK the b+P must be entered as soon as b,b+P command is entered.
    b,b+P>P(G)>P,b+P,P

2. d/f+P+K>P(G)>P,b+P,P

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

One note about Lau's f+P+G throw that a bunch of us noticed over last weekend in Toronto. If Lau is facing the wall (opponent's back to wall between Lau and the wall) and the opponent's foot hits the wall while they get flipped over, the throw does very little damage--maybe 20 pts. It looked like you get the damage for hitting the wall, but the original throw damage is lost because it doesn't register until the opponent hits the ground.

In terms of throws for most damage and most pushing for ring position, I'd say Lau's stumble throw is the best option, but your points about the n+P+G throw are valid, especially if Lau's back is to the edge of the ring. You could also forgoe the ground stomp to 8-way walk to a better position after the throw to improve your ring position even more.

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> One note about Lau's f+P+G throw that a bunch of us noticed over last weekend in Toronto.

but - if lau is closer to the wall, the opponent will do a wall flop animation, and lau can follow up with, at the very least, a PPPK....

8. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

That's the strange thing about it... no off the wall bounce animation. The character Lau was throwing was still being held by Lau during the throw. The victim's foot hit the wall making a hit noise and then Lau and victim hit the floor finishing the throw as normal, but with very little damage.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yeah I noticed this too. I also noticed that the positioning for a wall throw combo must be pretty exact, unless I'm just scrubby. So f+P+G into the wall for the most part sucks for me.