1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau's new move has been discovered! (Evo ver.B)

Discussion in 'Lau' started by maddy, Apr 19, 2004.

1. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Character: the cook
    command: [6][6]K

Execution: 16 frames(17 in reality)
    A half circular move

"+2 on block"
    "Knocks the opponent down on normal and counter hit."

Combo:On counter hit, up to Jacky [3][P][P][P][2][K] garanteed! (Closed stance only).
    Open stance: [3][P][P][K]

Source: VFdiary.com

2. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

hey maddy, just wanted to let you know when i tried testing this, i was on crack and kept doing 44k.

[6][6][K] [3][P][P][P][2][K] worked no problem

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

O_O

*goes to hook up his ps2*

Edit: Well, I'm glad to see it's not mid lol. This could be an alright tool against fuzzy, since it's 16 frame, that's slow enough so ppl who fuzzy too much will end up standing up to block it, no doubt.

4. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Messed around (ps2 training mode, counter hit, recovery on). It's kind of a jungle down there...I generally list characters under the best combo I found for them.

[6][6][K], [6][P][P], [6][P] Closed 80: Aoi, Sarah, Pai, Vanessa. (uhm...is this a maniac combo? /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif)

[6][6][K], [6_][P][P][P][2][K] Closed 76: Kage, Jacky(slight delay before the first [P]), Jeff, Shun (the old man's second [P] whiffs for 74)

[6][6][K], [3][P][P][P][2][K] Closed 79: Goh, Brad, Jeff
    Open stance: Kage, Jacky, Goh, Sarah, Pai, Aoi(second [P] whiffs I believe for 77), Vanessa, Brad, Lei (? not sure about him...my notes are messy... /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

[6][6][K], [3][P][P][K] Closed 69: Lei, Akira, Lau, Wolf, Lion (again, bad notes...this could be just [P][P][K] for Lion...aaaghhh)
    Open stance: Lau (made it happen once...often the second [P] whiffs for 65)

[6][6][K], [2_](n)[K] 57 All.

I tried and tried [2_][3][P],[P]+[K] (& [2_](n)[K]) after the [6][P][P] to end the first combo but my modified upkn/superkn sucks ass...[3][P] whiffs though & the float at that point is really low so I'm not thinking it works. Someone with better Lau inputs (BigBoy, for instance) might give it a whirl, but I have my doubts. Also, for Aoi the [6][P][P] is buffered without delay...I may have gotten too deep into the training mode zone and not appreciated how tight the timing was for the rest of the light weights as well since I picked her first...I guess it isn't so bad, since [K] (blocked), [6][P][P] isn't the stupidest thing you could do ever. BTW, [6][6][K], [6][P][P] works for 68 vs Lei in closed.

IR might have you think twice about using the [3][P][P][P][2][K] finisher for Jeffry...check it out cause it seemed like Jeff might could get nasty here. Also, no [6_] is needed for the [P][P][P][2][K] finisher for Jeff.

BigBoy sometimes uses [K] (let me see if he's walking slow like a dumbass) [K] in fights. He might as well start using [6][6][K] there now, I suppose.

5. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Mixups that would be possible would be stuff like:

[6][6][K](gaurded)>[4][6][P] (in case the opponent think he has the advantage and tries standing punch / whatever).
    [6][6][K](gaurded)>[6][P][P] (if the opponent tries to duck and punish hard a KK with say a shldrm since they're both high or even if he tries to [2][P] after the [6][6][K]).
    [6][6][K](gaurded)>[4][4][3][P]+[K] against a [2][P] if you feel fanzy panzy or something aswell. Don't forget +2 means you either try to attack your way out of the throw or you eat the midelbow (unless you fuzzy ofc). /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Overall; this is weird and yes, abit fucked up.

/KiwE