1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lau's Version C Command List Errata

Discussion in 'General' started by Deniz, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Myke: The 20~30 range of damage for the KK Roundhouse, Crescent also applies to the version in which the second kick is delayed; this isn't reflected on the list.

Thanks for picking that up. Corrected.

I also strongly recommend for the sake of clarity that in the command list legend you explain that for attacks with ranged damage, the damage printed in the Dmg column on the move list for the entry with lesser damage (either near or far) will always reflect the minimum damage of the range, and the damage for the other entry reflects the maximum. Also, that the note for "damage increases/decreases with distance" will only be included with one of the two entries, but that it applies to both.

Note added to legend under Damage.

2. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Changed Guard frame diff on Lau's PPK from -13 to -10. Thanks to FeixaQ for picking that one up.

3. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

1. The hit level for Lau’s P/PP/PPP (hit) K+G Punch Crescent Combo should be H*.
    2. The f+P Elbow and the df+K Side Kick cause a Crouch Stagger.
    3. The f+PP “Elbow, Palm†does a Flop on MC.
    4. The b,f+P Standing Palm does a Flop.
    5. I believe there should MC frame advantage data for the df,df+PP “Lunging Knife, Punch.â€Â
    6. The df+KPP “Side Kick, Punch, Palm†causes a Flop.
    7. The d+P+K Overhead Smash is a Force Crouch move.
    8. The f+P+K Elbow Strike causes a Crouch Guard Stagger.
    9. The b+P+KP “Uppercut, Overhead Elbow†does a Head Crumble on MC.
    10. The (d|u) P+K+G Evading Palm attacks inflict a Stomach Crumble on MC.
    11. The DDT (side) P+G throw should be divided into two different entries, one for (left side) P+G and one for (right side) P+G. For instance, the situations and follow-ups after a successful escape are different for each one.
    12. The (asc) P Hopping Knife does a Flop. It also does a Slam on Air Hit.
    13. The reversal level for the first b,b+PK+G “Knifehand, Crescent†entry is highly incorrect and should be changed to MCR, while the first entry for the b+K+G Reverse Crescent should be reversed to HCR. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Also, IMHO, the open stance versions of these attacks should not be given separate entries; the information concerning them should be relegated to the notes columns (but I realize you will almost certainly reject this since you are apparently committed to users being able to put frame data in numerical order by clicking the column headers).
    14. The Jumping Kick off the Wall does a Head Crumble to non-defenders.

4. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

A. With regards to comment 5 of my last post; first of all, it should read: 5. I believe there should be MC frame advantage data for the df,df+PP “Lunging Knife, Punch.â€Â

Much more importantly, I think the answer to my comment is that numbers got displaced a column: +3 should be moved a column to the right to the Hit column; +5 should be moved to the MC column. A +1 should be entered in the Grd column.
    B. In the hop attacks section, the command for the Landing Sidekick should be amended to (mid or desc) K. Further, even after you do this, I don't think the entry will be sufficient: I think the Landing Sidekick listing should really be separated into two separate attacks having individual entries (with the same numerical data): a (mid) K Landing Sidekick and a (desc) K Landing Sidekick.

Comment B edited because it was incorrect as originally written.

5. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

I had posted:
    11. The DDT (side) P+G throw should be divided into two different entries, one for (left side) P+G and one for (right side) P+G. For instance, the situations and follow-ups after a successful escape are different for each one.
    Even easier to see, is that a successful DDT (left side) P+G throw leaves the combatants facing each other in open stance, whereas a successful DDT (right side) P+G leaves them in closed stance.

6. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

Reversal levels for Lau's rising attacks:
    All of Lau's low rising attacks are SW, except for face down head towards, no roll (no delay), which is LK.
    Midlevel rising attacks:
    Face up feet towards: All are MCR.
    Face up head towards: All are SK.
    Face down feet towards:
    1. no roll (no delay): MK
    2. delay: SK
    3. longer delay: MCR
    4. sideroll: MK
    5. backroll: SK
    Face down head towards:
    1. no roll (no delay): SK
    2. delay: MCR
    3. sideroll: SK
    4. backroll: MCR

7. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

A. The [4][2][P]+[G] Stumbling Trip needs a "Staggers" note.
    B. Concerning a possible error in the Hit column for the "(while standing) [K] Heelkick" entries: VFDC has -10 for the near version, and -9 for the far version. If I am translating VF4 Daily correctly, they have these reversed.
    C. The [6][P]+[K] Elbow Strike not only causes a Stomach Crumble on MC, but also on a wall stagger hit (i.e., versus an opponent enduring a wall stagger). [Thanks to Notti at Gamefaqs for pointing this out.]

8. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    1. The hit level for Lau’s P/PP/PPP (hit) K+G Punch Crescent Combo should be H*.

Updated.

2. The f+P Elbow and the df+K Side Kick cause a Crouch Stagger.

Updated.

3. The f+PP “Elbow, Palm†does a Flop on MC.

Updated.

4. The b,f+P Standing Palm does a Flop.

Updated.

5. I believe there should MC frame advantage data for the df,df+PP “Lunging Knife, Punch.â€Â

Fixed.

6. The df+KPP “Side Kick, Punch, Palm†causes a Flop.

Updated.

7. The d+P+K Overhead Smash is a Force Crouch move.

Updated.

8. The f+P+K Elbow Strike causes a Crouch Guard Stagger.

Updated.

9. The b+P+KP “Uppercut, Overhead Elbow†does a Head Crumble on MC.

Updated.

10. The (d|u) P+K+G Evading Palm attacks inflict a Stomach Crumble on MC.

Updated.

Updated.

12. The (asc) P Hopping Knife does a Flop. It also does a Slam on Air Hit.

Updated.

13. The reversal level for the first b,b+PK+G “Knifehand, Crescent†entry is highly incorrect and should be changed to MCR, while the first entry for the b+K+G Reverse Crescent should be reversed to HCR. Also, IMHO, the open stance versions of these attacks should not be given separate entries; the information concerning them should be relegated to the notes columns (but I realize you will almost certainly reject this since you are apparently committed to users being able to put frame data in numerical order by clicking the column headers).

Updated. Also went with your suggestion of moving stance variable information into notes column. I'll revise Kage's list shortly.

14. The Jumping Kick off the Wall does a Head Crumble to non-defenders.

Updated.

________

B. In the hop attacks section, the command for the Landing Sidekick should be amended to (mid or desc) K. Further, even after you do this, I don't think the entry will be sufficient: I think the Landing Sidekick listing should really be separated into two separate attacks having individual entries (with the same numerical data): a (mid) K Landing Sidekick and a (desc) K Landing Sidekick.

Updated to (mid or desc), but why should they be separated?

________

I had posted:
    Even easier to see, is that a successful DDT (left side) P+G throw leaves the combatants facing each other in open stance, whereas a successful DDT (right side) P+G leaves them in closed stance.

Added notes.

________

Reversal levels for Lau's rising attacks:
    All of Lau's low rising attacks are SW, except for face down head towards, no roll (no delay), which is LK.
    Midlevel rising attacks:
    Face up feet towards: All are MCR.
    Face up head towards: All are SK.
    Face down feet towards:
    1. no roll (no delay): MK
    2. delay: SK
    3. longer delay: MCR
    4. sideroll: MK
    5. backroll: SK
    Face down head towards:
    1. no roll (no delay): SK
    2. delay: MCR
    3. sideroll: SK
    4. backroll: MCR

Updated. Omitted longer delay due to lack of frame data.

________

A. The b,d+P+G Stumbling Trip needs a "Staggers" note.

Updated.

B. Concerning a possible error in the Hit column for the "(while standing) Heelkick" entries: VFDC has -10 for the near version, and -9 for the far version. If I am translating VF4 Daily correctly, they have these reversed.

Updated.

C. The f+P+K Elbow Strike not only causes a Stomach Crumble on MC, but also on a wall stagger hit (i.e., versus an opponent enduring a wall stagger). [Thanks to Notti at Gamefaqs for pointing this out.]

Updated.