1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

LD KK follow-ups

Discussion in 'Brad' started by deathsushi, Aug 22, 2008.

1. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Geez, these forums are sloooooooow these days.

Does anyone have any stance-independant combos/follow-ups for the second hit of Brad's LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif? I always freeze up on a successful hit, and end up missing on guaranteed damage just doing a light pounce. Any good advice would be really helpful.

2. McMystery

McMystery Active Member

Two easy combos that work for everyone are:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif for 56 points

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for 55 plus stance afterwards

3. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Don't listen to the Doctor here.

His character isn't pimped out enough to know what a combo is.

4. deathsushi

Wow, great contribution Seidon.

Thanks McMystery, this is certainly better than 3K :).

Anyone else?

5. ACTIONBASTARD

ACTIONBASTARD Well-Known Member

OM towards the opp's back, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif . 66 points.

6. deathsushi

Cheers Action, but I believe that's stance-specific. Closed-stance if I remember correctly.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    With quick testing, apparently open stance. Also, the damage is just 60. The extra 5-6 comes from the missed techroll issue.

However
    LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> OM to opp back -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is stance-independent on at least lightweights? (I tested on Pai) and does 62 on normal hit.

LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> OM to opp back -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif 62
    LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> OM to opp back -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif 63

Also, a simple combo is just
    LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for 55 on normal hit.

Im not a Brad-expert, I just fiddled with the dojo quickly in response to this thread.

8. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

You can always go for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif to reset into the stance vs techroll or free light down attack shiz (try a heavy down attack for giggles every once in a while, especially against Aoi's who like their down attack reversals).

I need to up my game on this stuff as well.

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (56 pts)

Works on all characters in any stance.

There's a bunch of character/stance specific LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif combos up in the combo list for Brad. But these are all max damage and probably harder for new players to pick up.

I've just finished testing the more generic combos that work in both stances against all characters:

1. LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> OM -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (61 pts)
    2. LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> OM -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (62 pts)
    3. LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> OM -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (62 pts)
    4. LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> OM -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (62 pts)

There are some notes associated with these combos like Combo 1 misses against Jeffry in closed stance and Combo 4 needs a 1 frame delay (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif) to connect on some characters.

I'll note these in more detail later when I update the combo db.

10. deathsushi

Awesome thanks Myke - these are definitely more inline with what I'm after. I'll put some time in on these this week.

11. deathsushi

Er, rather, I should say: Thanks _everyone_. Most appreciated!

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just some interesting tidbits to mention now, because I know I'll forget them later:

While it's commonly known that you should OM toward the opponent's back, I found that in Closed Stance, you can also OM to the opponent's stomach. The only proviso is that the standing punch after the OM needs to be delayed just a tad.

For beginners, this may seem like it's overly complicating an already tricky situation. But the easy thing to remember is the direction of your OM, regardless of the foot stance, is always to Brad's back and not the opponent's. So for those having trouble spotting the footstance after LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, this might be of some help.

Note, though, that for max damage combos, you still need to OM to the opponent's back. Developing the skill to check the foot stance after the combo starter hits is something all players should still aspire towards, if they care about improving, IMO.

Finally, a fun combo:

LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (60 pts)

Open stance only, and the first two /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif's miss.

13. MaltLiqua

MaltLiqua Member

From LD/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif = 5 hits, 64 damage

Works from any stance on all but Akira and heavyweights. I wanted to post this combo earlier this week but I forgot my forum PW. This is a tricky combo to pull off due to the dash buffer and using the/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after just 2 or 3 frames to close the gap. Your opponent will spend many a sleepless night tryin to figure out how you landed that combo.

For Akira, replace /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif = 62 damage.

For 6 hits, 66 damage (evil number right?) - follow up after the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif with which you can continue offense using LD or PT options after a fall recovery.

The damage values are based on NORMAL hit. The "Three Six" combo (6 hits for 66 dmg) does 75 damage on MC.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I did these on the PS3 version (B) with a D-pad 2/5 attempts. May be easier to do on a stick but is definitely possible on pad.

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think you'll find this is not the case if you turn on Fall Recovery under the CPU Details setting.

15. biggz316

biggz316 Well-Known Member

My Brad....advice? I know it’s the PS3 Brad but my 360 crashed and I am not getting a new one until gears of war 2 drops.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9B_RJYVWCo
    My combos seem not 2 work...I know ver B and C have differences....

16. MaltLiqua

MaltLiqua Member

Um, yeah. It was on. Fall recovery was set to roll to the front. I'll make a video if you want proof. It's even listed in Brad's combo section...(I didn't know beforehand that it was there but it's still there).

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude, and I guess I should have been more specific.

This combo does work on light and midweights (except Akira) but from my experience on the 360, only in open stance. It fails if they exact recover though.

A video showing this connecting in closed stance (that is, you must start from open stance) would be good! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

18. MaltLiqua

MaltLiqua Member

I just reread your post and saw that you meant starting from open stance BEFORE going into LD. I put a clip up on Youtube of me starting from closed instead. (whoops).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-8IdrzPoUQ

I DID do that combo from open stance, prior to LD, on lightweights and it worked. So, correction...this is not stance specific against lightweight characters, Brad, Lion and possibly Lau.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Xw-HAYKBY (about 45 seconds in).

19. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for taking the time to do that. I'll try it out on the 360 to see which characters it can work on in closed stance, but the timing looks awfully tight.

20. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

IIRC closed stance on Eileen (probably other LW's too) you can do
    LD K,K, OM, P, K,P,K
    for some nice damage.