1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

LD KK follow-ups

Discussion in 'Brad' started by deathsushi, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

You can do that combo on all characters up to Akira. I'm not sure if it's a closed stance combo only. I've gotten it to work as long as I've used an OM towards the opponent's front foot. I'll go and test it later. You really need to work on inputting everything with the quickest timing to get this combo to land. The timing isn't very strict when using it on Eileen, however.

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Sorry, I just said it based on my memory.

I had time for a little test. It is closed stance only, OM toward opponents back.

- Certainly does not work on Akira, Jacky or Shun (or HW's of course).

- It does work on Lau and all the random midweights I picked in between (I think I did Blaze, Kage and Brad).

- I also had problems hitting it on Sarah until I did 1 frame delay before KPK. Then it worked.

The reason I remembered Eileen was because she was a special: you can do it both stances, just go towards your own back always.

The damage is 69 on normal hit.

3. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

I've just tested it in Dojo mode and was able to land it from both stances on Akira. I just always performed an OM towards the opponent's front leg. I didn't have exact recovery selected but I doubt that it wouldn't connect if I did. I don't think it has anything to do with it.

4. Libertine

I'm going to do some more testing but for now I can say that I'm pretty sure that this combo doesn't work on Jacky. BUT it will work on Akira, trust me. Just give me some time and I'll test it on everyone and tell you the requirements. Before I start, can someone tell me the best way to get a one-frame delay?

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The "best" way to get a one-frame delay often depends on where you are trying to delay a combo. Or in other words, the attack you want to delay.

Generally, you want to pre-pend the move with some kind of dash input like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif, or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif such that it doesn't change the actual attack.

6. Libertine

Thank you, Myke.

7. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that the amount of time that you can delay the second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif from LD has been shortened, meaning, you can't delay it as long in VerC as you could in VerB.

I don't know if I or anybody else has posted this combo but I'm pretty sure it works on most characters (except HWs?) in any stance. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

If you are aiming this at me then no reason to bother. I'm not a Brad player, anyway.

It's been a while, so I have no memory of my testings, but I'm fairly sure I tried to do it on Akira with exact recovery on and it did not work. If it really does then I'm fine with it.

9. Libertine

I just wanted to let you know that I was wrong when I said it would work on Jacky and you were right. It feels like you think that I'm trying to rub in your face that the combo will work on Akira while in fact I am not. My post was mainly directed at you but I wanted to clear things up for everyone reading this thread as well. I said that I would "tell you" the requirements when I really should have been impersonal.

10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

No problem, I wasn't offended or anything /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I just got my XO back so I tested for a while and I can't make it connect on Akira (I just rammed closed stance OM toward back but I did give one or two tries to other variants) for the life of me. I tried delays too but no matter what the punch on K,P,K whiffs.

11. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for so many good replies. Until I have time to actually sit in the dojo and practice, I'm just going to stick with the simple 3P+K, P. It's not glamourous, but it gets the job done to some extent.

Tony - I've never played Ver B, but the second knee after LD is definitely at least long enough to easily hit-check. Actually, on that note, has anyone ever thought to determine how long the windows are (framewise) for different delays on different moves? That's one thing I notice is never present in the moveslists (unless I've missed it).

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    That type of frame data (how long a move can be delayed) isn't normally published in any official media. There's not a whole lot you can gain by reading those numbers compared to just playing to get a "feel" for the delay-ability.

13. Libertine

I think for the [P] [K][P][K] on Akira, you have to delay the OM [G]/[5] [P] for a bit. What I've been doing up to this point is just trying it and getting lucky when it connects. LOL. You could just end with [3][P][+][K][P] if you want instead. That's what I do against Jacky.

Here is a good combo that works on Middleweights, including Jacky, that I didn't see listed in this thread:

LD [K][K] [2][P] [P] (refloats) [4][P][K]

This does decent damage and grants stance options afterwards. I don't remember if I've ever gotten it on lightweights. If so, the timing is much stricter.