1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Learning akiras moves is one thing...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mad_Beef, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Mad_Beef

Mad_Beef Member

but translating them over to a match is another man the moves are tough to begin with in training mode but trying to play him against opponents is very hard. I have certainly not found a style that is effective yet i am gettim my but kicked by the comp. I would just like to give props to all the people who can play him well, cause i sure can't. You guys have some serious skills.

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

he was the easiest char for me next to lau and sarah.... Maybe it's becos i started since VF1.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Watch some vids, that might give you an idea if you haven't already. However, understanding the mindgames, conditioning, flow of the match, and the risks will help you make better use of the moves too. It all takes time to learn though, so good luck! But once you get it, I think you'll feel more comfortable with Akira.

-Chanchai

4. pearl

pearl Member

I can finally do the SPoD! I was training today for like a half hour in prepartion for a saturday night VF marthon with my brother and friend (Jeffery is finally going to go down like a French whore)! Anyway I was failing every attempt as I always do, then it just clicked..........I love when that happens in fighting games.

5. DuoWing

DuoWing Active Member

Yo mad_beef i know what ya mean. He hard to use. I can't find a style for him. I always am losing. My win ration is like 46%....Grrr-Bah!

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

hey mad beef... I think your focus may be in the wrong place... some of the better akira players in japan get by with moves like f,f,f+P... or (from crouch) f+PK... or d/f+PK .... all three of these attacks are easy, and all three will give you a combo on interrupt. To do good damage in an akira combo, you don't need to learn the DLC or AS3 or any of that... stick with f,f+K,K.
    You should be able to net easy, cheesy wins using those moves, punch, low punch, and mix in a few throws like d/f+P+G.
    Once you're pretty decent with akira using the easy stuff, you can throw in moves like the knee, or eke a little more damage out in combos by using DLC or m-dbpm's.

7. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

That is excellent advice CreeD, and is the approach I've been thinking of taking when I try out VF4 Akira in actual combat. I am glad to hear someone with more experience with him corroborate this. I will continue to dip into training mode (trying for at least a brief daily regimen) to practice his more difficult moves regularly, since I think it woud be fun to eventually master them all, but I will rely on less complicated moves for actual game play in the meanwhile. The important thing is to enjoy playing what is after all a recreational game, and not be frustrated by it.

BTW, for whatever it's worth, I honestly find his knee and SPoD fairly easy to do, at least in training mode (it may not be so under combat pressure), but his DLC and AS3 are another story.

8. Mad_Beef

Mad_Beef Member

yeah i played with him some more last night and did alot better one thing that i saw on someones faq was and easy way to do his double palm using the down forward and down back crouch dashs man i can get that out quick now very useful same goes with the shoulder ram. I know what u mean buy keeping it simple although i have gotten good at the Spod i rarely use it. he certainly has the most moves that are very useful, at least against the comp haven't had to much human games so not real sure. thx for all the advice