1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Learning

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Aoi_Pai, Mar 17, 2013.

1. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    when it CH stagger, and big damage if the opponent doesn t stagger recovery

2. Aoi_Pai

Aoi_Pai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xBad_Girl_69x
    should i use 6P+K+G after i get it on CH? 6P+K+G 6_p 2P+K 3KK?

3. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    No 6P+K+G is way too slow. If your opponent knows how to wiggle the stick use [K] to launch them. if they're decent a breaker use crush jaw again to launch them. If they're really fast i'm not sure if anything is guaranteed. You may just have to apply nitaku.

Chefboy_OB likes this.
  4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Also, i'm not sure this combo works on heavyweights.

5. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    It s the combo i use, works on everybody but not jacky, Akira (not sure) and heavyweigths... For them use P-> 6PPK Otherwise you ve got the "chibitox's" combo, after the stagger K->6_P->6PKK you can add 4P+K after 6_P for lightweigths... and for middleweights it works only in close stance ( Chibitox could confirm that) or the "truewiseman's" combo wsP->wsP->P->6PKK work for all but for heavyweights use PPK instead of 6PKK (truewiseman could confirm that)
    Edit: I agree with Marly it s a way too slow to connect but online, u ve got bigger chances to connect because of the lag, and if the crush jaw surprise ur opponent too...
    Against ur opponent see how he reacts during a stagger if he s slow use 6P+K+G otherwise use K or wsP

6. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

On lightweight easy no stance: K->6_P->4P+K>6P3K

If you can check stance: K->6_P->4P+K>6PKK (open stance iirc)

middle weights: K->6_P->6PKK

7. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Heavyweights?

8. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I'm guessing just 6PKK (includes Taka)?

9. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

For heavy middleweights I think the middleweight combo works but timing is a bit harder on 6_P, definitely doable though.

For heavyweights from what I remember Wolf get hit by the middleweight combo but jeffry doesn't, but if you use WSP instead of K it will work. (Stagger --> WS P ->6_P->6PKK)

Take thiese with a grain of salt though, it's been a while I've been testing this, it may contain mistakes. I don't remember if I posted the results here or if it was in the shoutbox.

10. TaNooki_kun

TaNooki_kun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    TaNooki-kun
    Thankfully a lot of the time the opponent will be just as surprised as you are that they got staggered :p . I usually use the 3P+K (Boomerang Hook) bread and butter combo when I get a stagger off of crush jaw since it's easy to remember. Most of the time you'll need to input it as 33P+K to get a small dash for it to connect, but it will hit from further away than you might think sometimes. Note that this also works with 3K when you hit a back-dashing opponent and get a stagger. If I have a hunch that they'll back-dash at the start of the round I'll do: 33K>>Check the stagger>>33P+K.

11. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I remember testing for OS f+pkg stagger followups a while ago and realizing that the heavier a character is, the less they stumble back when staggered. In fact i even got boomerang hook to work on wolf, jeffry and taka *without* having to dash forward. Maybe something similar happens with crush jaw stagger and heavier characters?