1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lei Dance

Discussion in 'Lei' started by Kale, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Kale

Kale Active Member

how does ShinZ get his lei fei to dance like he does, I can't figure it out..

2. kil

kil Well-Known Member

XBL:
    kildamonk
    he stance switches all tha time thats all hes doing think?

3. Kale

Kale Active Member

looks like he is doing d/b+p+k+g~u+p+k+g but when I try and do it that way, it isn't as fast as ShinZ does it.

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

[IN] and [DM] stances are close to instantaneous when executing them.

[EV] stance switching you must wait for animation to end before you can enter.

[IN] -> [DM]
    "u+P+K+G" or "b+P+K+G"

[DM] -> [IN]
    "d+P+K+G" or "b+P+K+G"

So you can switch between IN and DM as fast as you can enter the commands in.

Note that there the standard up and down inputs but also the extra back input when inside one of the stances IN or DM.

There's a subtle difference between "b+P+K+G" and the standard method of changing between IN and DM. Its mainly for positioning and the animation is slightly different.

Dancing is useless though it is useful for intimidation and faking.

From what I can gather you can't differentiate between the stance animations so I think you're fairly new to Lei Fei. I recommend learning and mastering stance flow and also options, strengths and weaknesses of each stance first.

As lei fei has some good options within [IN] and [DM] stances they are powerful but predictable. Which is good and bad. The dance is a way to provoke the enemy to attack you and make them make a mistake.

Do you know your options when in IN, DM, EV, TG?

5. Fate

Fate Member

whenever i dance with lei i like to either end in the d+P+K+G stance to P+K charge or u+P+K+G to toe crumble with d+K

6. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Yes those options are Lei's better options...

but don't forget

[DM]P, P+K
    Is Lei-Fei's best move and arguably one of the best in the game.

Why?
    The First punch is a 10 frame jab but it hits high.
    Now the second punch is simply AWESOME. Uncounterable and gives you a +5 frame advantage if blocked. It attacks mid and allows you many many options.

So use this punch from mid range and ....

7. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Oh .. I forgot to mention why its harder at the later stages.

[IN]d+K
    cause a stumble and is linear. Stumbles can be struggled out of.

[DM]P+K
    is throw counterable and linear

Nearly all your options within [IN] stance are linear. So dodging will weigh very heavily on your opponents counter attacking or defensive options.

So you need to mix up some throws or anti dodging moves in there as well.

Struggling and dodging makes the "[IN]d+K" almost useless. If your "[IN]d+K" is blocked and you opponent does a quick counterattack its best to try and Guard, taking the damage rather than try an attack from the resulting [DM] stance. Otherwise you'll find yourself on the receiving end of a Major Counter float.

8. Kale

Kale Active Member

I figured out exactly how shinz was dancing. he was doing d/b+p+k+g~d+p+k+g~u+p+k+g which made him dance around in once spot pretty quickly. thats what I was trying to do. It just looks cool.

9. Jebus

Jebus Active Member

How is it possible for you to dance in one spot ? since db~P+G+K moves you back

10. Kale

Kale Active Member

its not really dancing in one spot but you aren't really going that far.

11. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

Kale is right. Those sequences of stances if done fast will make Lei look spinning. db+P+K+G doesn't send him far backward if you execute it from Neutral or [IN].
    Only from [DM] -> [EV] will send him backward pretty far and the animation is slower.