1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lei Fei combos...?

Discussion in 'Lei' started by Hellfire, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Hellfire

Hellfire Member

I've been using Lei Fei for several weeks now and my skills have only improved slightly. I only know about 3 or 4 combos with him and I am in desperate need of some new ones. So please let me know if you have some good ones. thx.

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Go here. And please try doing some research before you post.

3. kil

kil Well-Known Member

XBL:
    kildamonk
    i agree.

4. scratchdsurface

scratchdsurface New Member

Lei Fei is an easy character to use...his combos are quite easy...to begin the match just start off the match by pressing [6][6][K]+[G]...he'll do a double kick that usually gets blocked but it puts him in one of his stances that all you have to do is press the [P]button and he blocks any oncoming high attack and automatically counters with a punch that sends your opponet floating...follow this by [4][4][P][4][P]...this will throw two powerful thrusting fists to your victim...then finish him with [8][P]while your opponent is on the ground. This combo takes off a little less than half of your opponents eneregy and is very effective and easy to perform. another combo that is easy is pressing [2] [P]+[K][2][P]...this is effective because he throws his elbows towards his opponent and walks closer to them after hitting that combo finish by hitting the [P] buttonand it will send your opponent floating do the same above...trust me i beat Kumite mode with him three days after i purchased the game

5. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

WOW 3 days, and without proper knowledge of his stances, that's amazing, and that's probably the biggest BS i've ever heard.

anyway Hellfire the Lei Fei Dojo should have everything you need, and also recognition of Lei Fei's stances is important, coz most of his combos depend on these stances. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

scratchdsurface

about the 3 day thing - the only way this could happen is if you didnt sleep in those 3 days and just played (and this is still uncertain as it depends on the CPU's shuffle of opponents in Kumite, and the persons skill), otherwise this is bullshit, especially for someone who doesnt even know what his stances are (knowing his stances is knowing what attack opportuniy you have), don't mean to be rude but not even button mashing can help you get Lei fei to HIGHKING in three days. try asking the Lei fei players, oh yeah since i use Lei Fei as well let me just ask you are you sure you're not bullshiting the people in the community, so many decent to great players are here to start pullin these kind of things, friendly advice spare yourself the humiliation of your own exaggeration. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

6. ono

ono Well-Known Member

Death_Raven is right.

Your little recipe for continuous victories..("first do [6][6][K]+[G].etc......) is the funniest thing i have heard. I am an avid Lei Fei player, and trust me....it may work on the 10th - 1st Kyu, but after that, no luck. Even if you can pull it off, if you try the [P] after the [6][6][K]+[G], and you happen to get blocked (which you probably will if the oppenent is 2nd Dan or better) you will be left with a big frame disadvantage, so forget the other part of your so called glorious combo.

Hell fire, just go to the main page, click on the Lei Fei on the left side under Virtua Fighter 4, and look for the Dojo. Its very useful, and tells you what you'll need to know.

-ono-

7. scratchdsurface

You people must be morons...believe me i am an emperor with Lei Fei use the moves and it works
    I have all six orbs and i have never lost against Durel. It doesn't take a genius to use Lei Fei that is why he is a beginner character. Duh!!!! The reason these combos work because you get so close they try to grab you it works 99% of time. You so-called avid Virtua Fighter players should do your homework if you can barely handle a character set at beginner status.

8. scratchdsurface

You people must be morons...believe me i am an emperor with Lei Fei use the moves and it works
    I have all seven orbs and i have never lost against Durel. It doesn't take a genius to use Lei Fei that is why he is a beginner character. Duh!!!! The reason these combos work because you get so close they try to grab you it works 99% of time. You so-called avid Virtua Fighter players should do your homework if you can barely handle a character set at beginner status.

9. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

There's no need to be sarcastic and arrogant, scratch. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

10. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

whatever scracth, on first note i never said the moves you stated doesn't work, read my 1st reply again please, i clearly said it is bullshit that you got to emperor in three days without proper knowledge (stances, and probaly his sabaki's and inahi's),like i said just ask anyone here if that use lei fei or even those who use different characters, ask them if they have gotten someone to highking or emperor without proper knowledge in that short a time, and also on further note Lei fei is a beginner character not because you can easily take him to highking by mashing buttons,but because it doesnt take much to learn him and he has a lot of effective moves suited for people who has not have much experience in playing VF but none the less this doesn't mean it can be done in 3 days, NOTE: i didn't say it was impossible, but with out proper knowhow it cant be done, and button mashing in this game will only work for a short time, especially since the opponents in kumite get harder as you go.

show us proof that you became highking/emperor in three days, and also just because some characters are for beginners doesn't mean you dont have to understand their move advantages, frame advantage and disadvantage, their sabakis and inashis, or stances in some cases, so to me your post about beating kumite in three days without proper knowledge is unbelievable, i mean chibita wouldn't get to where he is now in VF4 without the proper knowledge, so like i said spare yourself the humiliation of your own exxageration. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

11. ken

ken Well-Known Member

LOL..

Funny stuff /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

the entire sequence is

[3][P]+[K][P], [TG][P], [4][P][P], <font color="red">* </font color> [2][P]+[K]+[G], [DM][P]+[K], [6][6][K], [IN][2][P]+[K]+[G], [DM][K], [IN][2][P]+[K]+[G], [DM][P][P]+[K], [9][K]+[G], [3][K]

<font color="red"> * </font color> : Will cause back stagger if opponent techrolls, which is required for the rest of combo to connect.
    then finish with:
    [6][6][K]+[G], [TG][P]

I've won 600+ games straight with the above and have not achieved Emporor rank. Most of my round victories are under 7secs with the above method. Thats around 12hours of playing time at my level of play. So I really doubt what you say is true.