1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lei-Fei kata

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Darkseed, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

Are there any high quality version of Lei-Fei's entire kata out there somewhere? If so, then where?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

What do you mean by kata?
    Aren't kata movement/striking exercises?
    If you mean seeing all of lei's attacks and combos in one movie, nope.
    If you mean seeing all of his stances, ShinZ plays a pretty good lei, and after he wins likes to cycle through all the stances. A movie can be found here:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://tbzone.gameshot.net/download/korea/1p_lei_shinz_vs_2p_akira_moonsuk.avi>http://tbzone.gameshot.net/download/korea/1p_lei_shinz_vs_2p_akira_moonsuk.avi</a>
    It's a 20 meg clip, but don't let that bother you, the capture quality is great and it's a good match.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm pretty sure he means the kata shown during the attract demo/intro.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

oh, the attract mode stuff.
    I think I have that attract mode as a movie, let's see...
    ok, here it is.. it's a bit dark but otherwise good quality.

<a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org/vf%20history/vf4_lei1.mpg>ftp://vf.dyndns.org/vf%20history/vf4_lei1.mpg</a>

Fun stuff for the other characters too, including the Lau/Pai yin-yang bit.

5. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I meant. I was hoping there was one showing only Lei Fei doing his kata but this is good too, thanks CreeD /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

It would be nice if there was a mode in VF4 similar to the one in Soul Calibur where you can watch katas of all the characters

6. camenraider

camenraider Member

But it's possible to see that movie on the Ps2 version of VF4?
    Thanks...

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I have the PS2 version of that movie as well. It looks a bit worse on PS2.
    The link is:
    <a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org/recent%20vf%20movies/vf4_ps2_vp.mpg>ftp://vf.dyndns.org/recent%20vf%20movies/vf4_ps2_vp.mpg</a>