1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lei Fei Move on PS2 controller

Discussion in 'Console' started by Dougydug, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Dougydug

Dougydug Well-Known Member

Lei Fei's BT move -[K]+[G]- sometimes works and sometimes doesn't no matter if you use the R2 button or do it manually. Does anyone else find this or is my controller dodgy?

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Are you sure you know which stance you're in? That might be what's confusing you. For some, Evade and Tiger Stance look quite similar.

-Chanchai

3. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Get a stick, its the only way /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

4. Dougydug

No, Back-Turned (BT) - I'm sure of it. It works most of the time, and when it does work I can keep doing it for ever. Does a stick help with just [K]+[G]? I thought it only helped with directional difficulties...

Basically, what's supposed to happen is that Lei Fei does a high kick keeping his back turned, floating the opponent. However, sometimes he just turns around and kicks into the IN stance, as per the [K]+[G] move in normal stance.

If my controller is fine and I'm doing the command right, this would suggest there may be some kind of move randomness or something. It must be to do with the controller entering the commands on exactly the same frame... Try it and tell me I'm not mad.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    If you're tapping [G] slightly earlier than the [K] then the [G] results in you turning toward your opponent.

You have to be precise with your input I guess. Not sure that a stick will necessarily help in this situation either.

6. Dougydug

If I used the seperate buttons, maybe, but like I said, the R2 button is programmed to do [K]+[G] simultaneously. This isn't a very interesting post, as nobody seems to have the same problem (I've done it with other characters who have the same move input). Therefore either
    a)my PS2 controller/PS2 is slightly flawed
    b)I can't press 1 button properly
    c)the game reads the controller input wrong sometimes
    d)nobody's actually bothered to test this out and just gone on what they know
    e)all of the above

PS. If nobody's trying it out then don't bother posting because I know I can push one button correctly.

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

oh.... now I know which attack you're talking about... Myke's explanation is what goes on in my head, but I have the same problem usually, so I just buffer in K+G whenever I use it (which sadly limits when/where I use it).

-Chanchai

8. Dougydug

Thanks guys!

9. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

To get it to work you need to buffer it in after a move, but once you buffer it in once you can use at again anytime you want without buffering.

10. Dougydug

wow, you've been looking at older topics... i'm impressed. Yes, I figured it out before, it is wierd no? I believe this happens with other chracters as well... not that I can remember which ones. Generally I use the (BT) K because it's faster... so if they block it I'm not doomed and if they don't it I've got enough time to turn back around. The move might be buffered because you generally just don't turn around... you are turned around. It gives you a move that you can buffer during the animation...