1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lei Fei stances

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Yupa, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

This is something that someone had asked about earlier, and I was curious about it myself, so I've put this little table together to list all the moves that change Lei from one stance to another. I'm using virtuaproject's stance naming conventions, and I won't be surprised if I've missed one or two moves...

Disclaimer-- I haven't used Lei yet. This is purely an exercise of summarizing a part of his movelist.

crane stance-- u+P+K+G
    f+PP
    PP
    f,f+K_
    d|u,n+P+K+G
    K+G
    b+K+G,K
    [scorpion]K
    [scorpion]PK
    [tiger]d+KP

scorpion stance-- d+P+K+G
    f+PPP
    PPP
    b,df+P
    K
    u+K,d+K
    [crane]d+K
    [crane]d+K+G
    [crane]u+K+G
    [crane]P
    [tiger]d+K

crab stance-- db+P+K+G
    d+P+K
    [tiger]K

tiger stance--
    d+P+K,P
    df|uf+P+K,P
    f+K
    [crab]K

Some observations:
    I like the symmetry between the PPP and f+PPP combos. Both result in scorpion after 3 punches or crane if you only use 2 punches.

You cannot enter tiger stance without an attack like you can with the other three, but you can switch between tiger and crab by hitting K. The [tiger]K is also sabaki vs. low attacks.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

A couple of additions/corrections...

Edit:
    - [crab]PK --> [crane], not [scorpion]PK --> [crane]

Add:
    - u+K --> [tiger], not listed in black book or official movelist, but it works
    - f,f+K+G --> [tiger], also not listed but it works
    - [crane]b+P+K+G --> [scorpion]
    - [scorpion]b+P+K+G --> [crane]