1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lei-Fei's intro

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Lei-Fei's missing 2 main movements out of the form he's performing... . Hopefully in the final version they''ll implement it in. The form he is performing is called "Long Fist" and it's the international competition style. He's missing the arguably known "tornado kick" and the straight jump kick which goes into sequence. I'm hoping AM2 is just trying to figure what is the best angle to take that scene. If you look, it seems like there are 2 sections that doesn't flow through the form, and those are where you would insert the sequences. The second sequence is where he jumps high into the air, lifting his arms up, followed by patting the ground really hard with both hands before the side kick in the intro. I really hope sega implements the rest of the form, because it looks really nice. Heh, he would usually spread both legs out during his first jump kick as in a splits position if he was good ;)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Lei Fei has those moves in the actual game play. However, I think the Chang chuan that was motion captured for Lei Fei is total crap. Whoever did it, should not have. It is reflected in the game play also. His moves are too "short" in the aspect that they lack the expression that Chang Chuan, and all Chinese chuan shu are supposed to have. They got it right with everyone EXCEPT the most "traditional" artist in the bunch...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

whatever, lei fai definitely is going to be a favorite and however they apply the wushu techniques in vf4 is going to be bomb (awesome), but there is not way that wushu is traditional! wushu in real life is a performance art, not a fighting art, and the routines they do in wushu are based on actual true Shaolin kung fu used for self defense purposes, created hundreds of years ago in the original Shaolin temple. Even today, most of the 'kung fu' practiced in Shaolin temple of today is Wushu, not even tradiional. aiya,.....

4. Guest

Guest Guest

If you take another look at my post you will see I said chuan shu, not wu shu. You are right in that Contemporary wu shu is not traditional, and the fact that you called it a performance art supports that. In the early 1970's the Chinese government wished to rebuild the martial arts history that they nearly destroyed during the cultural revolution, thus performance wu shu was born. The new routines are quite different than the Shao lin kung fu, as you show you know by saying the stuff practiced in Shaolin is wu shu not the traditional. When I called Lei Fei a "traditional" artist, it is because he is a monk with all of the markings and clothing, not because of his Wu Shu style art, which is definitely not traditional. So I think we have the same problem with him. Anyway, I believe he will be the MOST popular due to his ease of use. He does get more deep as you learn more, as all the other characters do, but he just starts off very accessible.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

ok, yea, i understand what you meant, i was sort of dissapointed honestly when i saw that he was doing a wushu form during the intro, and now people are telling me that he is going to be the user-friendly button masher type, at least at first. i am sure that he will still be cool, but honestly the intro to vf2 was the one that really messed me up with Shun's drunken form, although that may have been a wushu form as well. sorry, i am just a little biased since i practice traditional kung fu myself, but yeah, i understand what you mean now. i really can't wait until the game comes out!