1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lei: Final Tuned

Discussion in 'Lei' started by Myke, Aug 13, 2004.

1. 93908259

93908259 New Member

wow..thank you so much for all the lei fei info....really truly appreciate it so much...as a lei fei user, i have been figuring out myself on this young powerful monk......
    a lei fei player in singapore

2. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I found a section in the book that I hadn't translated yet, so while I was editing the strategy section I added that in. It comes under the heading "Remeber the fighting styles for different ranges" and covers close and mid-long range tactics.

The only thing about lei fei left untranslated now is the notes on his moves, but I don't think that's a priority.

3. noodalls

Lei Fei frame data
    Source - 1/60sec http://www.dcn.ne.jp/~kazu68k/ft_a/lei_fta.html
    Author - Anbura
    Translation - Noodalls

From normal stance
    [8][P]+[K]+[G] 10
    [2][P]+[K]+[G] 8
    [1][P]+[K]+[G] 17

From Dokuritsu
    [2][P]+[K]+[G]6
    [4][P]+[K]+[G] 18
    [1][P]+[K]+[G] 12

From Hai
    [8][P]+[K]+[G] 8
    [4][P]+[K]+[G] 16
    [1][P]+[K]+[G] 27

From Nehan
    [8][P]+[K]+[G] 16
    [2][P]+[K]+[G] 15

From bokutai
    [8][P]+[K]+[G] 8
    [1][P]+[K]+[G]27

Stance cancels
    Dokuritsu - 13
    Hai - 13
    Nehan - 25
    Koko - 15

Atemi
    From normal 10
    From Haishiki 8
    From nehan 17

[6][6][P] - frames are greater for mC than MC

[K][2] If you allow the Bokutai to animate fully, it will have crouching property between frames 32-55 (and then standing frames from 56-80) However, if you execute a move in bokutai, the crouching frames will be cut back to 32-43.
    Evade [P]+[K]+[G][P] - Evade [P]+[K]+[G] motion exists for 28 frames. Delay has no effect.

Dokuritsu [2][K] - avoids (special) highs between frames 15-19.
    Dokuritsu [K]+[G] - Stagger +30 (no struggle) +1 (maximum struggle)
    Forward roll [K] - hit and guard numbers represent where both kicks connect. Even with quickest input, 34 frames of rolling motion exist.

Hai [P]+[K] - airborn frames commence 3 frames before attacking frames.
    Hai [P]+[K] held for 3-5 frames - Standing guard stagger is +16 (no struggle) or +4 (maximum struggle)
    Hai[2] (40 frames) - The frame where you press the lever down is considered the first frame. Can be thrown or lowthrown for all frames. Can shift to dokuritsu or nehan after the 10th frame.

Bokutai [P] - pressing [P] between the 1-38th frame of bokutai motion will still leave you with 11 frames of bokutai motion. (true for Bokutai [6][P], [K], [3][K], [P]+[K], [K]+[G])
    Bokutai [3][K] - Stagger +1 (no struggle) -8 (maximum struggle) throw counterable.

Koko [K] - Stagger +32 (no struggle) +5 (maximum struggle)

Forward roll [P]+[G] - 34 frames of rolling motion exist, even with quickest input.
    [2][4][8][6]or[8][4][2][6][P]+[G] [4][6][P]+[G] - must input within 50 frames.
    [2][4][8][6]or[8][4][2][6][P]+[G] [4][6][P]+[G] [2][3][6][P]+[G] - must input within 77 frames.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I found something else to translate. These are the notes in the frame data at 1/60sec site. There were a few more which I couldn't be entirely sure of the meaning, so I left those for another time.

4. noodalls

A new method of using the forward roll
    Text - Hanbirei
    Source - Arcadia 56
    Translation - Noodalls

When a combo finishes in dokuritsu stance, like the combo [3][3][P][P] [P][P] (B2) Hai [P][P], you can use the forward roll (dokuritsu [6][P]+[K]+[G]) to go into unusual okizeme. If you connect the previously mentioned combo, and go into a forward roll, as the opponent tech-rolls to the side, Lei ends up BT diagonally behind the opponent.
    This attack is basically for when the opponent is right off axis. After the combo you're quite off-line, and it's easy for the opponent to tech-roll, so it's an easy way to create this situation.
    One point you want to be aware of, is after the combo connects to wait a little bit before rolling. If you roll forward just as the opponent touches the ground, as opposed to rolling as soon as possible, you will be slightly separated from the opponent and so it will be difficult for them to reach you with their attacks.
    After getting behind them, the basic way of attacking them is to use BT[2][K]. If you mix in BT stance moves from there, the mixups will be wide. The initiation is quick and it's easy to confuse the opponent, and on the other hand if you are attack you can try to use it as an accent (no idea about this last sentence.)

Captions
    - After the forward roll your positions will be as in the photo to the right. Use BT[2][K] to go for the opponent's feet.
    - If they are aware of the BT[2][K], go for a stagger with dokuritsu[K]+[G]
    - For an opponent that tries to counbter or evade, use hai[P]+[K] or dokuritsu[2][K]+[G]
    - If you finish a combo with hai[K] and do the forward roll, then go into nehan, you can get BT nehan stance.

Tidbit - After [3][3][P]+[G], you can connect [P][P][P] (B2). The timing for the first [P] depends on your opponent. If they fail to techroll this, you can get a down attack too.

5. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

gawddamn i love these phantasmagorial updates, i just need to get B2 now

thanks again noodalls

6. noodalls

Just a quick note, in vf4ft_ote4k0714.wmv of the sega am2 thread, Heruru went for a forward roll after [3][P]+[G]. I wonder if he wasn't going for the above mentioned tactic. And, he seemed to get it out damn quick.

7. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

tried some of those notes today, especially roll after [3][P][G]

lei is phantasmagorial!!!

btw noodalls what character do you play?

8. noodalls

Lei Fei is my main, but I'm starting to work on Akira. Was also thinking it would be neat to take up one of the light weights just so I had a 11, 12 and 13 frame character.

I can recognise most of Lei Fei's moves in script now, certainly the important ones. I can do some of Akira's (but then he has a smaller range). Other characters I'm clueless on, so I'm not really able to translate strategies for them (not in a reasonable amount of time anyway.)

9. Akairyu_Medion

Akairyu_Medion Well-Known Member

Thanks with all of these translations, with VF: Final Tuned (hopefully) coming soon to the UK. I'll be able to learn and memorise moves, combos and tactics for when VF:FT finally comes out over here.

Thanks to noodalls for these translations and it's good to know Lei Fei is your main character like me.