1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lei' Forehead

Discussion in 'General' started by American_Pai, Feb 23, 2002.

1. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

What are those white dots on Lei's forehead? Is that a religious thing?

2. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Yes. Buddhist monks have those dots on their heads. Watch any martial arts movie featuring Shoalin monks and see tons of bald heads with 6 dots on top. BTW, they are burned in with joss sticks.!

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

yeah like genie said , watch any shoalin film and you will see the same thing.

4. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

That's funny, I watched a shitload of "Kung-Fu the Legend Continues" (I probably shouldn't have mentioned that) when I was younger but I don't remember seeing white dots on the monks. Was anyone disappointed that Lei didn't fight like Caine from the show (David Carradine forever!)? Anyway, thanks for the answer.

5. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Yes. Buddhist monks have those dots on their heads. Watch any martial arts movie featuring Shoalin monks and see tons of bald heads with 6 dots on top. BTW, they are burned in with joss sticks.!
    The real monks: joss sticks
    The actors: black thinner removable / white board ink markers.

6. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

well, almost all shaolin movies then./versus/images/icons/wink.gif