1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lei Reversals

Discussion in 'Lei' started by leilightning, Jun 17, 2002.

1. leilightning

leilightning New Member

I need reversals for lei does anybody have any?? <font color="blue"> </font color>

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

[8][P]+[K]+[G] then wait for someone to punch.

3. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Guy. Go through command training & go through trial training & play through a 100 games of kumite & then try to beat hard level arcade mode & then come to VFDC to search on specific topics & read the dojo's & discussions in the "home" section ( click on the char's name.. ) & THEN, finally you can have the educated right to post on here to ask questions. Help yourself before you ask for it. Go tell a friend and spread the word.

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Dude, while I agree with everything you said, I think it is this automatic response that gives the virtua fighter community the pompus stigma it has aquired over the years...

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Shadowdean, who are you? The Champion of the Lazy?

There is a wealth of information here on this site found in the forums, and published as documents, FAQs, guides, charts, etc by its members.

Then along comes a whipper-snapper asking a question to which the answer is so easily found in an existing resource. Their knee-jerk reaction is always to post. Afterall, that's so much easier than actually doing a bit of research for themselves.

I find it insulting to those members who put the time and effort in producing a resource for this site, only to have it ignored time and time again. In this particular case, he could have read the Lei Fei Dojo, the Command List or searched Versus City.

If we're seen as "pompus" [sic] and unwelcoming to these new people, then that's fine by me. To borrow SummEr's signature, a quote from dodee:

"If you aren't willing to invest the effort to try and learn anything about the game on your own, you don't deserve our help to get better."

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Ugh, I can't believe I have to spell this out, but here it goes...
    I agree that all people who post questions should first take the time to do the research...However, a little bit of decency can go a LONG way, for all parties involved.

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    In what way was Mister White's reply not decent?

In fact, the advice he has given is golden. If every newcomer to the game heeded it, we'd have a dramatic reduction in noise around here.

People, who consider themselves as 'gamers', simply don't know how to play anymore. Put them in front of a new game and they can't handle it. With any new game, there's a learning curve one must go through but so many are lazy and just want the answers.

8. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

i agree with Myke, the new comers wanna learn something from the community but have not even tried to learn themselves, it like saying im too lazy to eat so why dont you feed me one bite at a time, and its insulting coz they havent had a first hands on impression of the game and already they're here asking without frist knowing their capabilities, their characters potential, or the least search the community for stuff that will help them, as for what misterwhite said i'd call it decent, why, because he took the time to reply to something that the person could've figured out himself, plus the fact that he tried to convince the newbie to train and discover how good he can be.

9. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

Okay, but let me stick my nose in here and ask a question that's been bothering me. What about the other side of the coin. What about the veteran players who post misinformation that could easily have been avoided by doing similar research? I got jumped on rather severely for essentially giving the same kind of response to ice-9 as was given here to a newbie for a similar act of laziness. To see what I mean, click here and read my first post and the responses to it: VFDC News Board]http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=News&Number=42342&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1]VFDC News Board

Isn't this a double standard? Which is worse, a stupid question that can be ignored, or incorrect information that may be accepted because of the reputation of its source? Might the reaction I got contribute to the perception of arrogance from the VF community? Why do I feel uneasy and intimidated in saying I agree with Shadowdean, though I certainly mean no disrespect to Myke? I am asking this as a serious contribution to this discussion, not as an attempt to fan flames.

10. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

man, you seem REALLY hurt that you got "flamed" . jesus!

11. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

Ummm, no piccolo, you got it wrong. Maybe it's your reading skills. If you read the referenced thread carefully, you'll see it was others who seemed to be bothered by what they perceived as flaming by me. Nothing said on this board hurts me. As I've said before, VF4 is just a video game. People posting on a video gaming message board, especially ones who will likely never meet me, don't have the power to hurt me. But your response overlooks and/or distorts what I said and probably inadvertently actually reinforces my statement about a double standard. So never mind my feelings. My point was that it seems to be taken as okay by the board's veterans to attack newbies who don't know any better, but to get insulted if somebody points out to them their own failure to do proper research. Again, it was the other two involved in that exchange who expressed feelings of being insulted, not me. Personally, I thought they responded immaturely and with a bit too much vulgarity; I suppose that is the example that ice-9 wants others to follow. That's okay by me. I'm just pointing out the apparent hypocrisy. And if people such as yourself don't wish to respond to my comments in a serious mature manner, that's on them.

12. Sudden_Death

hi! here's my reply!

man, you seem REALLY REALLY hurt that you got "flamed" . jesus!

13. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

high, hear not my reply!
    woman, you seem REALLY REALLY incapable of reading! Satan!

14. Sudden_Death

ok ok, i'll really reply this time.

man, you seem REALLY REALLY REALLY hurt that you got "flamed" . jesus!

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I don't see what the issue here is.

it's been common knowledge in any gaming forum that u search for answers that might be available on the site first...if it turns up fruitless...then ask.

From the original poster's post..it was a ' I'm here..now gib me info' tone that no one likes.

And I'm sure u're agree too..considering how u reacted to Ice's failure to check the movelists that u've contributed to.

But to say vets defend each other is a big mistake.
    We've always been very frank to each other's mistakes. And we have extremely old posts to prove it too! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

BTW....there were only two of them involved. Even though many of us did not post in that particular thread..it certainly doesn't mean we've chosen to turn a blind eye on Ice's muck up. In fact, it's because many of us are quite disappointed n annoyed at the current state of the board...we've chosen to voice our discontent by simply not posting or not coming into the site at all. (This will be my last one until things changes for the better...I've had quite enuff of the bs here..I'm off to join my buddies...and in any case..I sure as hell won't be missed anyway lol..so no real losses to this place)

But if being harsh on newbies means we can actually reduce the amount of 'noise' in this forum...

well so be it.
    Someone once told me to fuck off becoz of my Sig....well it sure as hell is how I feel abt the current state of the forum.

U have no idea how many of us here are extremely annoyed by the uselss bitchings abt character unbalance issues...TFT being the one move wonder....Pai/Aoi/Sarah/Shun being weak...etc etc etc etc etc etc

It's not arrogance on our side. It's their refusal to accept and learn, choosing to instead focus on 'but this or but that' which annoys many users here.

16. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

that is totally correct.

17. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Deniz, there wasnt any rudeness ( at least, none intended ) in my post. Simple frank guidelines to help him become better at VF and on this board. He carefully neglected to read the FAQ and ToA available. Im not chewing the guy out, being lazy happens to us all, but I guarantee he wont post questions that he might suspect are answered in the "USER'S MANUAL" ( hint ) or the training and that fact helps everyone concerned on this board.

I sincerely hope he evolves and becomes a solid contributing member of the VF community. We need all the help we can get /versus/images/icons/smile.gif !

18. TomDC85

TomDC85 Well-Known Member

Like me! I started off as some punk-assed newbie, and now look at me! With a little time and effort, and a little help from the good community, I have got three high kings and can contribute stuff on items FAQ like a pro. Now, big smiles everyone!

Now, what really pisses me off is the vast numbers of unregistered so-and-sos out there who take but don't give. Take the Kumite forum. Just a minute ago, I was the only registered guy on there, and there were no fewer than 6 (probably a record on the kumite board) unregistered leeches, leeching information that people have painstakingly gathered. Now THAT blows.

19. Godzilla

Godzilla Active Member

I understand your point of view but it wouldn't make a big difference if all people had to register.
    Nobody is forced to post stuff - so if someone wanted to leech information he could register and still never post anything.

20. TomDC85

TomDC85 Well-Known Member

It was only a hlaf-serious comment, but I think it would weed out some of the worst if viewing required registration too.