1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

life bar

Discussion in 'Console' started by iguanajoe, Mar 9, 2002.

1. iguanajoe

iguanajoe Member

How far does the life bar go in the options?(i dont have the game yet) Do you guys max the bar out? I know I do in all fighting games I play, the longer the fight the funner it is for me, plus gives me enough time to pull off a comback if needed. What do you guys think?

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

The default(which is also the standard) is 200 points.

3. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

I think playing with the default life and time settings is always the best thing to do. Otherwise it's seems to throw the balance outta wack (especially in a game like MvC2). Those "out of nowhere" moves, set-ups, and tricks lose effectiveness when the damage isn't worth the risk.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The default is 30 seconds in both arcade and PS2 (I believe), but the standard in tournament play is 45 seconds.

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

I'd rather play with 45 second rounds... 30 seconds is too quick IMO, especially at the arcade. 60 secs can be too long if anyone who's playing has a machi style.

Standard life bar for VF is 200 pts. IIRC, the default in the arcade if you play vs. CPU is reduced to 180 pts.