1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Limited Number of Orbs?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Doru, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Doru

Doru New Member

Okay, first off I've searched for an answer -so please no reminders to do so.

I'm playing several characters at once in EVO, getting them all customized as I like. It seems though that there are not as many orbs as there were at the beginning.

Is that possible. Are the number orbs set and all characters share from the same pool.

I have a Shun with 3 sets. A Lau with almost 2 full sets, and am working on a Lei who has 6 orbs (missing purple). I've opened up all of the arcades with Lei though not the WMAC yet. I can only find maybe 2 characters in the last THREE arcades who have any orbs at all.

What gives?

Thanks in advance,

Doru

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    SON OF A.... j/k /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't think there are a limited number of orbs. I've gotten a few characters to HaOh already, with completed items, and never did I feel there was an orb deficiency. I think maybe you're just lucking out?

Finding the *one* player you want can sometimes take a really long time. Just keep chiselling away and it'll eventually appear.

3. Doru

Doru New Member

Many thanks.

My main conern is that I've so many high level comp arcade players with NO orbs.

I think I just need to hear it from someone else. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Doru

4. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

Nope not a limited number of orbs, but rather an exuberantly amazing amount of orbs. I'm sorry I just wanted to use the word exuberantly. I think I used it wrong... anyways.

The way the orb system seems to work in EVO is that when you win an orb from the computer they regain the orb immediatly after you fight them. So in effect you can keep gaining the same orbs from the same characters. A great way to get orbs is to do the WMAAC tournament over and over. Lots of orb holders there. In fact, the best way to steal some of Chibita's and Napoleans orbs it to meet them there. Its also a great way to get from Protector to Champion in the shortest amount of time IMO .

Well, Hope this helps /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Mysterio

Mysterio Well-Known Member

This might not be a reply to this, rather a question..
    Which chars has got the purple orb? /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    I cant find it! /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

Napoleon has one. Others have it to but I usually get it from him in the WMAAC

7. madman1313

madman1313 Member

Gamma Lei also has the purple orb

8. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Check that list that tells who are in what arcade. That list fills up as you play and there are also listed those guys that tend to pop up in several arcades. I hope this helps...