1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lindberg Style Arcade Cabinet

Discussion in 'Console' started by L_A, Mar 5, 2008.

1. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

If you can't afford to make the cabinet (time), pay low wages to workers in Somalia to do it for you.

2. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

L.A.,

You should send Sega a nice letter with a picture of this sick-ass cab. that says,
    "Eat shit. From L.A. with love."

It works on a few levels.

3. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Why would I do that though? Its based off their design and without the original I wouldnt have had the inspiration. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

4. FcoBenitez

FcoBenitez Well-Known Member

Right. And you got to admit, Judah, that you would love to have a Lindbergh cab! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

5. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

Because we don't have that damn thing over here! Err... I don... w~...

You don't have to be a dick about it, L.A.

(~_~;)

We all can't stomp as much ass as you, ya' know?

6. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    If anybody is actually serious about getting a high-res cab, aksys games is looking at distributing the taito Vewlix-L cabs in the u.s. They're trying to promote blazblue, but i'm sure if they actually start bringing the cabs over they'll be happy to sell empty ones.

7. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Nah man, I think you took it wrong. I'm not trying to be a dick at all. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    I just give sega props for making an awesome cab design cuz without it I wouldnt have had anything for inspiration.

8. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

Oh, did YOU send a letter to Sega with the above? And if you DID, did YOU get the grapes of wrath?

I would never send hate mail to someone I stole a design of for the love of copying the design for non profit use. I'm not going to mass produce it.

9. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

This is really inspiring to see put together..

LA - do you have any numbers on the final cost for this? The screens alone look like a costly purchase, and look at my mortgage payments, I don't see anyway I could bring something like this together in under a year. How long did the whole effort take you?

10. WolfKing

WolfKing Well-Known Member

PSN:
    HotRod666
    Holy Shit We want one for us!!! L.A Akira you are GOD !!! Kudos for you dude!!!

I will construct one too!!! Will Iron out the details to see what is available to us here in Brazil and at what price...

We have the VSHG already so that´s a start...

11. I'm curious to know how much the final product cost, if I can afford it you very well might have just inspired me to make one of these myself.

12. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Monitors were $1000 a piece and building was a little over $1000. I would say around $3300-$3400.

13. deathsushi

deathsushi Well-Known Member

How long did the whole effort take? Do you have any kind of background in this kind of work? I know Plague said that you were a 3D modeller, but beyond the initial designing, actually putting everything together must have required a reasonable degree of skill, or an awesome willingness to research on the internet.

Let us know!

14. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I didnt build it. I had it built by a carpenter near me do it. I modeled all the parts and came up with all the dimensions so for the carpenter it was just like reading directions.

15. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

L.A, all my mess was just an inadvertent compliment.

In any case, yes, this cabinet is completely off the chain, and I'm sure just about everyone probably wants one.

16. goldcoin

goldcoin New Member

hi LA,

ever consider selling the plans? id like to make one myself.

17. Sp00n

Sp00n Well-Known Member

Awesome piece of work!
    Just wondering if you have any leg space with your cabinet though. It looks like you have to fold your legs together if you are sitting in front of it.

18. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

at one point, maybe. All the plans I have right now are in a 3d file for a software called modo. To get the measurements, you need to measure each angle with tools in the 3d app.

nah, you can just sit in front of it like you would sit in front of a desk. The arcade lindberg cab is the same way.

19. goldcoin

goldcoin New Member

hi once again LA,

thanks for answering so quick. any chance your builder could do it again the same way? you guys are in so. cal. right?

20. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

yeah, he can.