1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lindberg Style Arcade Cabinet

Discussion in 'Console' started by L_A, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I hate you and your carpenter Gerald! I hope one of your high grade buttons falls on the ground. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Hopefully I get to see you in 2 weeks bro. Shag wants to hit up Rosco's! Just thinking about that good food is making me feel full and lazy. LOL damn that's good eating!

2. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Rod, we are def going there as well as fathers office which has some of the best burgers in LA as well as over 50 beers on tap. make sure you don't forget your id, buddy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

3. goldcoin

goldcoin New Member

dope. could you pm me his info?

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see this crap cabinet again!!!

5. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

Man that's the ultimate fan work. Good job!

6. kingmp3

kingmp3 New Member

Hello there,
    Just wondering if you still check your account here at VFDC. I sent you a PM and an Email to the one listed in your profile about your Cabinet. I hope you get a chance to read my message and get back to me.

Thanks for listening,

BTW - my email address before the @ symbol is "mathewrice" and the subject reads, "Lindberg Style Arcade Cabinet"

7. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

What happened to the pictures on the first page?

8. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Bandwidth Exceeded. Try again in march.

9. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

Do you have the measurements available outside of your 3D modeling program that you'd be willing to share? And what size monitors are those Bravias?

I know you said that the carpenter you hired to do the work, works in L.A., meaning there's no way I'd ever contact him as I live in New York year after year after year and don't plan on moving.
    - - -

Lastly, a Korean SF/VF/FG fan, built a wickedly ridiculous custom console Vewlix. I'm not a fan of the Taito Vewlix cabinet set up, I like Versus/Lindberg arrangement better, but this custom piece is still marvelous.

http://ruliweb3.nate.com/ruliboard/read....=&ftext=&left=h

10. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

That's a nice cab but I find it really confusing that he collects the games but why the PS versions?! You'd think someone that serious wouldn't go for the inferior ports eh.... i guess being a fanboy does strange things to peoples heads.

11. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Anyone notice the jesus resolution on LA Akira's desktop?

12. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Thirty inch monitor for the win!

13. Uchiha

Uchiha New Member

YIKES!... this is probably the best looking cab I've seen. Damn good job, man.

14. Nevendaar

Nevendaar New Member

Hi,

I am french, so sorry if my english is bad.

I have followed the Lindbergh Like construction since some months and i would like to build a similar cabinet but with some modifications (a control panel like a real cabinet...).

But i have a problem and i come towards you all for some informations.

1. I have seen the schema with dimensions but i don't know the unit you have use. Can you give me the formula for translate in centimeters or the dimensions in centimeters ?

2. Have you the plan of your control panel with dimensions ? I see which he add on the first assembly but i don't see the dimensions and fixations. Glue ? Screws ?... Can you help me ?

3. Have you others pictures of panel (bottom, sides...) and cabinet ?

Thanks a lot for your help and congratulations for this project, it is very very impressive and beautiful. I hope arrive to a same result.

Alex

15. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    1' (feet) = 12" (inches)
    1" = ~2.54 cm

16. Nevendaar

Nevendaar New Member

Ok, thanks for your answer but when i have dimensions like 1-11/16 or 9-13/16, how must i count ?

17. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    You must convert fractions to decimal first.

1-11/16 = One inch and eleven sixteenths of an inch.

So, to determine the decimal equivalent of eleven sixteenths, do the following...

1/16 = .0625
    11 x 0.0625 = .6875
    Therefore, 11/16 = .6875
    1-11/16 = 1 + .6875 = 1.6875

Then convert to cm...

1.6875 x 2.54 = 4.28625

1-11/16" = 4.28625 cm

4.3 cm should be accurate enough.

18. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Matt

I dont have the dimensions to the cabinet anymore and the only way to get them is to measure them. Unfortunately I don't have any time for this right now or anytime soon. If you are in LA, you or anyone else are welcome to take measurements but I simply don't have time right now. The only blueprints which had the dimensions for all the pieces were left with the guy that did the woodwork. His number doesnt work anymore and the shop is gone.

19. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

wow dude la akira this is some work you did,i just now seeing all of this and i'm like wow man.
    all i have to say is this is some great work you did and hope you i can see more of your work in the future.

20. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

How did those TVs in the Cab work out wrt input lag?