1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Basic/how to play Lion

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Faust, Aug 12, 2010.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    General question that i should probably already know the answer to. Will buffering in this way, [4] [4] [6] from crouching, lose a frame due to the [4][4] input?

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    In this particular case, yes.

When the attack itself has a built-in dash command (e.g. [6][6][P]) then it's possible to buffer this without incurring the 1-frame penalty. But in Lion's case, the forward dash is not built into the command for the elbow, so this doesn't apply. Not to mention the fact that you're intentionally using the 1-frame penalty for the system to register you as standing.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    If you're slow to input then youll lose more than 1 frame.

4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Wait, wait, wait, so are we saying that [4] [4] [6] [P] can't be used to punish 14f lows? [​IMG]

If so i invite a moderator to edit my previous post as well as the wiki to reflect this.

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Yup which is why i asked to be sure. Makes me think that Vanessa's DS 1K>>>Lion at max range, though that may not actually be true.

6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I believe if you do check hit for example, Jeffry's 2K+G on block, it's not able to punish by buffering 44.(6K should be better solution)

Regarding 2P gives Lion +4, which means even you lose 1f but 6P can still works gererally.

7. Dennis0201

btw,
    336p+G> 2p> b,f,p+k> f,f,p+kp

Can anyone confirm this work?

8. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

9. Dennis0201

Thanks for the video, and I did try again and something interesting comes out.

This combo requires close distance to hit Lion's 46P+K so after 336P+G, he needs to dash a little bit. If you only hold stick on down after that throw, 46P+K won't reach opponent.

10. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Afaik Dennis all of Lions 26P+G combos involving 2p require a crouch dash after the throw.

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I believe normal dash is good enough.

12. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    So, if i understand correctly, lows that leave the opponent at -14 can be punished with :

[6] [K] will do 20 + 25% = 25 dmg and leave Lion at +/-0 frames with no particular advantage

[2] [P] will do 8 + 25% = 10 dmg and leave Lion at +4 frames and crouched (where [2] [6_] [P] will beat pretty much everything)

Is that right?

And is it safe to generalize by saying that, unless it's the end of the round Lion and the extra 15 damage will finish the opponent, low punching is the better of the two options?

13. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I will take [6] [K] every time. Max damage punish all the time. You don't have to do this though..