1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion cheap move?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by AlexMD, Oct 15, 2000.

1. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hi I was playing against lion yesterday and he did his f,p+e which crossed over and hit me in the back,is this something you can do all the time? if so I can see it being annoying,though I guess you can just duck.:)

2. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Cross Overs

On this subject have you ever seen anyone who uses cross over combo's like in Streetfighter?, Is this possible in VF and considering the time it takes you to turn around in VF couldn't they be an insanely effective tool maybe even cheap?

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Cross Overs

dude...i cannot answer any of ur questions
    I've been hard at studying remember? HEHE
    sorry, stress break joke.

but the way..i found my vf2 PC disc yeah!!!!!!!!!!

SENIN HAYIN DAYO!!!/images/icons/wink.gif

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I've heard comments regarding Lion's f+P+E move as an irritance, but nothing more. I don't know if I've ever hit someone from behind with it, but I have used it to get behind them while they were doing an attack. I think it just has a maneuverability property that is unique.

As for crossovers... I don't know if I run into any sort of crossovers except maybe jumping and just happen to get a crossover as I kick on my way down. More combos to mess with in those cases too. Besides that... hmmm.... maybe the occasional teleportation :) my character warps through my opponent :) It's been happening quite often lately as well for me.

-Chanchai

5. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hey Freddie noticed you keep changing your catch phrase at the end of each post I must say I was a fan of "Freddie faster than Lightning" I'm not sure what the current one means is it japanese or have you just gone insane from lack of VF? :)

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hmm I've been thinking of experimenting with launchers that knock them really high like Lion's FC f+p then running under and trying some of those kage like d,p+e combo's to see what moves will connect,Chanchai have you found any use for Lion's D,k+e,k or any of his other back turned moves like that d,p+e sweep thing,I once used that move to dodge Jeffry running p+k then I got a free backwards throw!.

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

hahahaha
    the latest post means ' 1000 yrs too early'
    of course...it's not meant to refer to the challengers....but myself/images/icons/frown.gif

this exam thingy have really knocked me back for another 1000 yrs!!!!

oh well....let's not forget...i am faster than lighting!!!!!...soon...the post will become reality again
    KSSSSSH!

SENIN HAYIN DAYO!!!/images/icons/wink.gif

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

I don't think there is any doubt in their existance - you've already mentioned the Kage TFT crossover combos for a start.

The crossover combo, in the classic SF-style, begins with a hit to your opponent with the rear section of your attacking area, usually by jumping over them, or in Kage's case, getting underneath them. The crossover hit affects the opponent as if the hit were from the other side which effectively pushes them towards you. Unlike SF you don't instantly turn around to face your opponent again, so you're either limited to TT attacks, or using attacks that won't turn you around, in order to continue the combo (Kage's d+P+E for e.g.)

The initial hurdle is getting the first crossover hit. I'd imagine that a crossover jump would be hard to time correctly given that a downed opponent has many rolling options, and jumping in on a standing opponent is somewhat risky. I'm not very familiar with lion so I can't comment on the properties of the attack you mentioned, but I'm sure if the engine facilitates it, then everyone can do it. Theoretically.

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

allllll righty.....
    I read what u wrote....
    i have no idea what you're talking about.....
    TOO MUCH STUDIES!!!!!

back to the texts again/images/icons/frown.gif

SummErs's FASTER THAN LIGHTING!!!/images/icons/wink.gif

10. clopin

clopin Well-Known Member

the "air jerky's" from MN are infamous for their crossover oki. i remember aoki doing crossover oki before anyone else. more novelty than anything else, as it's not very effective if you are aware of the attempt. it's worth the laugh when it occasionally hits.

// clopin
    join #vfhome on the EFnet IRC network

11. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

hurum...if by "crossover oki" you are refering to
    a player making use of reverse collision in jumping
    attacks then I feel I should dissagree with its
    seeming point of origin. Yupa seemed to sink his
    teeth into sarah's reverse collision dropkick almost
    from OB's inception.

however. such a small detail. I just thought I
    would throw it out.

GE

12. clopin

clopin Well-Known Member

ah, after reading back my post, i see how it reads too general. i should've said "i remember aoki as the first person i heard of using crossover oki". apologies for my ambiguity.

// clopin
    join #vfhome on the EFnet IRC network

13. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

oh balls! You were perfectly in the right to
    plug your boy. I only mentioned Yupa 'cos
    you got me thinking about his closing
    game which was one of the best I'd ever seen.

Ah, the good old days (sometimes they weren't so
    good).

GE