1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion combos and general strats.....

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Keeper, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

Actually, [4][4][K],[P]+[K],[3][P][P],[3][P] does less than the [K][K] variant (I think it is 3pts) but it works on all except heavy characters on a regular hit, and works on heavies on a counter hit. This is pretty much the only [4][4][K] variant that I use.

After [2_][6][P] I personally use [4][4][K], [P]+[K], [4][6][P]+[K],[P] works on all but heavies and I believe it is in open stance though I can't remember that you can get [4][4][K], [P]+[K], [4][6][P]+[K],[P],[P] (82~84 depending on how low the last hit lands in the combo) or you can do [4][4][K], [P]+[K], [4][4][K]. (I think this one is 80~84 depending how low in the float the last kick hits as well).

2. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

In case you don't know this; if you use d/f+P (or d/f+K) at the end of a combo, you have to wait a bit, so that the damage of the down attack will not be reduced. (If you do d/f+P at the fastest timing, the damage of it will be reduced.) So, the combo with d/f+PP -> d/f+P takes more. The damage you got is the reduced one. This fact is true to any character who has to use d/f+P or d/f+K at the end of combos.

Well, the good point about the combo with KK is that Lion has a chance to attack the opponent out of tech-roll, whereas the combo with d/f+PP does not let Lion do it.

3. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

Ahh, oops, when you delay the down attack it does yield 3 pts more damage than the [K][K]. I stand corrected, thanks.

Also I thought I'd add that [4][4][K], [P]+[K] is indeed throw interruptable. It requires precision timing and only if you duck under the [4][4][K], but it is indeed a guaranteed back throw.

Also, another [P]+[K] combo in closed stance would be [3][P],[P],[3][P] though the timing is trickier on the heavier characters.

And finally, another heavyweight combo from [2_][6][P] would be [4][4][K],[P]+[K],[3][P] (ground swipe), it does the same damage as [4][6][P]+[K], [K][K] combo and leaves you in pretty much the same positioning with them able to tech roll since the down attack hits them in mid air.

4. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Anything that can be duck or dodge is of course throw-counterable. I guess when people in this forum talk about whether a move is throw-counterable or not, they mean after the move is being blocked.

To hiro: you are as good as ice-9 says. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Been searching on the forums for info about his [3][P]+[G] follow ups. I personnally use [3][P]+[G], [3_][P], [P], [3_][P], [P] ( ~40 damage ). Trick is to hold [3_] as soon as the throw animation has ended and keep holding it throughout the 4 times you hit [P]. Your opp. will try to struggle and if you did not hold the [3_] direction, he will have a turn towards animation and the follow up [3_][P], [P] will not connect. The opp. must have his back showing for this to work.

6. SirCooper

SirCooper New Member

doees anybody else use [8][P]+[K] after [4][4][K], [P]+[K]? My starter is usually [4][4][K][P]+[K],[8][P]+[K],[6][6][K][K] punce will connect if they don't TR

7. nnabuenyi

nnabuenyi Well-Known Member

What I do is I use [2][P] and [6_][P] to set up the throw, then use [3][P][P] and [P][K] for combo starters. What other tactics should I use?