1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion d/f+P,P as float combo??

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Oct 26, 2001.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I am wondering how do you use d/f+P,P for Lion as float combo. It is possible as it is listed in TBzone. And can opponent tech roll after that? Is not this is probably a very damaging float with a high pounce.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

df+P,P can be followed up with pounce or d+P ~ DF+P,P AFAIK... since you get the leg kip-up animation.

Don't know why people still refer to "high pounce" since there is only one type of pounce now (apart from u+K+G moves for some characters). =P

[​IMG]

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Re: Lion d/f P,P as float combo??

I mean as a float, ie after crouch,f P (MC). usually you get Lion ground attack. I mean a d/f p,p,pounce probably has MUCH more damage than f,f k,k.

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ah... can't you tech roll out after the df+P,P hits in a float combo...?

[​IMG]

5. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

You cannot TR after the d/f+p,p and the d/f+p ground punch is guaranteed, but you can escape the u+p pounce.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey Alan, doing some research and I found this thread.

The answer to your question is that you can't let the stick go back to neutral, and what you'd need to do is to roll the stick down to d/f.

More specifically, after D,f+P, keep the stick at forward and then do the standing punch, roll the stick from f to d/f and then hold for P,P. It's pretty easy once you get it down, and the damage from the combo is also pretty good.