1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Dojo, and catch throw question

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ice-9, Dec 25, 2001.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: It's Pai!

I had actually already started the Aoi moves analysis, but halfway through the punches, when I realized how much I'd have to write for her (esp. her ground throws and inashi follow ups) I was like, gyuuh, maybe I'll leave her for later.

I want to do an Akira one, but I've decided to wait until Tokyo. I think he's a powerful character, but still, I have not seen any dominating Akiras yet to give me reason to think he's overpowered. (Dominating is a big difference from good...there are plenty of very good Akiras in Bugis; Danny's is excellent). I'll let four days of non-stop VFing in Tokyo put to rest the notion that I haven't met an Akira "in the right hands" yet. ;)

Anyway, Summers' post about the tourney in Japan inspired me to write a Pai Dojo. Hopefully more people will play her, play her seriously and to a high level.

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Re: No problem here...

Did anyone see anything else worth noting in those clips?

There's an Akira who is insanely consistent with the SPoD. It's like he's a robot. But in that match against Pai, that was about the only highlight.

That's really about it. The diaoh clips are a lot better in my opinion, because they don't miss many opportunities to inflict damaging followups and combos, whereas these guys stick to "braindead" combos (Shrm-> DLC; Lion's b, df+P-> f, f+K, K; Shun's u+K-> DF+P, P, K (cancel into handstand), b+P+K+G abuse). And Jeffry's flowchart mentioned above. I hadn't seen a lot of the stuff in the diaoh clips before, whereas I've seen (and done) a lot of the things in these clips. Don't get me wrong, I have an appreciation for VF4 clips so I try to download any of them. But if I had to make a choice, I'd stick with the diaoh clips.

Just my humble opinion.

Oh, yeah, let me add that I haven't seen all of them. I've seen a little more than half.