1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion double pounce

Discussion in 'Lion' started by P1553D, Apr 1, 2002.

1. P1553D

P1553D Member

how do you do it. i just saw a video of it being done. it is too cool. also if i could get some info of when and not to try to get it off would be very appreciated. actually any lion info would be appreciated. i have read ice-9 faq. it was very informitive and improve my game in a day. the d+P > f+P or f+P+G mind game is sweet. good work ice.

anywho waiting with baited breath.

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Its not a double pouble.

The first is Lion's:

b, f+K+G

The second is a pounce.

The entire series is:

D,f+P+G - b, f+K+G - **uf+P**

**uf+P**:
    This is now uf or alternatively, away from the opponent. You hold down the Punch to do a special technique called auto-selection. If the opponent techrolls you'll execute a jump away. If the opponent fails to TechRoll the pounce will be executed.

Think of it as executing a small hop rather than a pounce.

The "D,f+P+G" Throw causes a flop which allows you to further combo the opponent. You cannot TR from a FLOP, but after "b,f+K+G" connects they'll hit the ground and are eligible for TR to avoid the pounce.

3. P1553D

P1553D Member

cool thanks for the info.

4. DrLovesAlot

DrLovesAlot Member

that's incorrect, I believe the double pounce he refers to is after k, k. but I could be wrong (*shakes head no*)