1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion FC throw Combo help

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Jerky, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Hey gang, I'm having trouble with the following combo:

FC throw, [2]+[P], [P], [6_][K][K] - vs Kage.

Can anyone help me out on the timing and actual execution? The problem I'm having is right after hitting [2]+[P]+[K]+[G]: How far must I crouch dash and how do I input the standing [P]? I can get it to come out by buffering [6][6] dash, but I can never get it to connect.

Thanks.

Edit: Also, since this works on Lei is there different timing for him as well?

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

get some dexterity scrub

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Andrew, can you list the combo and the source of it?

I came very, very close to pulling it off, but differently from the way you sound like you're trying it. I got the jab and the first K to connect, but the second K whiffs... twice now I've gotten that.

It sounds like you're trying to do FC throw --> d+P --> buffered dash, P+K+G (pressing PKG prevents f,f+P from coming out) --> hold forward K,K.

What I did was the following.

FC throw --> [6][6] (you can probably safely substitute [3][3] here) --> d+P (causes slight float) --> [4][6]+[P]+[K] --> [6_]+[K]([K]).

There are a couple of tricky parts here.

1. How much crouch dash or normal dash you can milk out of the few frames you get before it's too late to d+P. You barely see it. It's possible I think to hit too late and too deep into kage's body with the d+P also, so the float isn't as nice (b,f+P+K whiffs).

2. The b,f+P+K (or regular jab?) must hit and cause the mild refloat effect. You see this mild refloat in Lau's b,f+P --> PPPK combo - the third punch causes them to hover a bit seemingly if it's timed correctly, otherwise they dive for the floor normally. I think the trick is to hit a jab or low punch as low to the floor as possible before the opponent can TR. The times I've lucked out and gotten it, the jab refloats juuuust enough for K to hit. When I get the refloat but it's not good enough, I KK and end up facing the same direction. When there's no refloat the KK whiffs by a mile and I end up over kage's body, facing the wrong way.

Lotta nifty 'just frame' combos coming out lately aren't there?

4. nnabuenyi

nnabuenyi Well-Known Member

Why press pkg? Ive done the combo about 5 times by just low punching at the right time, pause for a split second, put in p, then hold foward an kk.

5. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

I think I've got it now. Mike came on irc and gave me good advice on execution. To answer your question: I do [3][3_][P]+[K]+[G] for the low punch so as not to get [3_][P][P] pokes. I guess I'll just try standing dashes instead. The combo is with a standing [P] btw, not [4][6][P]+[K].

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

so we have one person saying just d+P, wait, P, f+K,K and you say df,df+P+K+G (you can do df,df, d+P also if it makes it easier for you, I tried it and got it).

I still don't get using a high punch in this combo. It doesn't seem possible. They're too far away. b,f+P+K has longer range.

Can someone cap it or show me a movie with it?

7. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    nnabuenyi is right, you guys are making it harder then what it is. All you need to do is make sure you [6][6] dash real deep before you do your [2]+[P]. Then just leave joystick in neutral and tap [P] (I hit [G] right after), then immediately hold [6_] and hit [K], [K]. I got it off like 4 times doing it this way, in a row.

By the way, thanks for this combo Jerky. I remember when I thought they weakened Lion's [2_][6]+[P][G] combos greatly in Evo compared to VF4, but they just made you have to work harder for the higher damaging ones. 77 pt. damage is really good for this throw.

8. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Yeah, np actually thanks should go to 3of19 and Littlewild who've posted this and many other combos earlier this year. I can do the combo w/o any problems now. (I don't know what made me think I had to crouch dash /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif )

Also Matt there is a recent Chibita clip where he opens up some kage's ass with the combo more than once in a match. Maybe an avid poster still remembers which clip it was? Dre? Ring a bell buddy?

For reference:

3of19's post

LittleWild's 2_6P+G combo post

9. nnabuenyi

nnabuenyi Well-Known Member

yeah i find doing a foward dash into the low p makes it alot easier.

10. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Yeah and not crouch dash. Just [6][6]. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member