1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Frame Stats

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by LittleWild, Feb 2, 2002.

1. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

I just dug this up at a Japanese website.
    http://lion_iinkai.tripod.co.jp/

It has the frame stats from the blue book.

Will be digging for other character's frame stats.

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Thanks! Very much appreciated/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I think some people (including Bungle) will be disappointed to see that they are derived stats (advantage/disadvantage format).

-Chanchai

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

no, i think having the AD times is great (necessary, really) - i just wish they hadn't stuck to the tb mook formula and ditched the co-re times. those are really helpful for determining differences in moves that recover different when whiffed or hit, and also gives a general idea of how much time you have if the move is whiffed.

4. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Don't want to go OT so much, but I noticed something in the web site you posted for Lion's frames. If you click on the PS2ver link on the left, you will be taken to a page showing the Hori arcade stick being..... Modified, I guess?? Can someone clarify this: Does the Hori VF4 stick needs 'modifying', like what some people did with the Dreamcast arcade sticks where you can solve the problem of the stick being so 'loose'? Or what does that site say about the stick anyway?

5. LittleWild

I think the guy was saying something about his joystick being too erm... mashy (?) and not very responsive. He opened it up and tighten the screw or something.

Just an educated guess with the help of Alta Vista translation.

Hmm....the framestat says that on a counter(major?minor?) hit, a punch gives a +7 frame advantage to Lion(So is 46P+K). That will mean punch and P+G will almost become a hit throw. I don't even think you can punch out of that situation. (a punch takes 12 frames, but probably enters hit detection at the 6th-7th frame.)

Any comments?

6. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

that is the stick I bought.

hey can anyone translate what the guy is trying to say? dun really understand it.

My hori stick is quite weird sometimes when it is going back to neutral. It sort of bounces a bit and sometimes trigger other inputs. It is hard to get a clean d/f,d/f... maybe it is my fingers. wonder if I should mod it...

7. LittleWild

I sort of tranlated the whole thing into english in html format. It is on my hdd though.

The column names from left to right:

Move Name
    Command
    Attack Level
    Damage
    Number of Frames to execute

Frame Difference(Guard) (How long do you stay frozen if a move is blocked. A plus sign means you have advantage, a minus means disadvantage. Since a throw takes 8 frames, I assume that any move <-8 frames is throw-counterable)

Frame Difference(Hit)

Frame Difference(Counter) (Didn't mention MC or mC though)

Dodge(Yes/No, and stance dependent)

Notes

Just a rough translation, hope it helps.

8. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

err... I was refering to the page on the joystick /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

but it is very nice to see the frame stats for Lion but where's is there rest of characters???

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Since a throw takes 8 frames, I assume that any move <-8 frames is throw-counterable)

LittleWild, is the 8 frame figure confirmed?

10. LittleWild

All non-catch-throws (Lion's) are at 8 frames as stated in the blue book (that is if the web site didn't make a mistake, I have not seen the blue book yet.)

11. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Little wild coming to amk today?