1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Player - Buffer Moves (Help please)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by SG-Lion, Feb 3, 2002.

1. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

Hi there VFDC reader,

Currently I am experimenting the "buffer move" mechanism in VF4. (Yeah yeah, I know it is there and only now finds out about it). I would like to know what moves that Lion can execute first, then do the buffer moves besides the two that I found out yesterday.

1) f+P (elbow) - while in elbowing animation, I could do d/f,D/F,f+P or d/f,D/F.f+P+G to the computer opponent.

1) f,f+K - while in the kicking animation, I could do d/f,D/F,f+P or d/f,D/F,f+P+G to the computer opponent.

So far, I can pull this out quite consistently on computer opponent. But against human, I think only one in five tries. (Because human player tends to low punch or dodge-evade. Also, any tips on when to execute this buffering moves would be appreciated)

SG-Lion /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Any character can buffer any attack into the recovery of another attack, you just need a minimum of timing.

There are probably exceptions but I'm not gonna think that hard about them.