1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Players

Discussion in 'Lion' started by mysticlycent, Jun 1, 2002.

1. mysticlycent

mysticlycent Member

Lion Players: I can play VF4 all day, I have a great love for the game, and I can not rest untill my name is posted as much as Chibita (yeah right).

Anyway, my game has greatly improved just by reading many posts from other lion players, and I'd like anyone who enjoys sharing tips and tricks to send me a personal message so I can add a few of you to my buddy list and not be shown as such a stranger.

If you feel like sharing, I'm also interested in how all of you outfit lion, he has lotsa cool options.

Hope to hear from some of you soon..... Mystic

2. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

1p:
    red jacket, black shorts, skull necklace, silver hair

2p:
    black outfit, blue flame sleeves, windheart necklace, red hair

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

1P:
    Red outfit, Red hair, Nose ring, Ping Sunglasses

2P
    White outfit, silver hair, nose ring, yellow sunglasses

4. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

This looks like a job for <font color=orange>nycat</font color=orange>...

5. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

I rotate through all the possible outfits with special emphasis on camoflage. I like the looks that blend with the stages, blend in with hit sparks and mimic the oppo.
    Ideally, I would be invisible preditor Lion. I also favor brown and black for Kage's stage and underground stage. Rex hat with yellow band annoys and distracts human opponents. I don't have an all white outfit yet like I've seen with Jacky, Kage and Akira.

6. GaijinPunch

He gets the white outfit at 10-dan. Pretty kewl. It's grey on 1P.
    My arcade Lion is:
    1P - All blue outfit, blue cap, red sunglasses, nose ring.
    2P - Green pants, brown jacket, black cap, nose ring.

I still think Aoi has the best items in the game, unfortunately. Lion's are still kewl though. One thing I hate about almost all the characters, is that the 5-dan color you get is Orange...blech!

7. majinjohnny25

majinjohnny25 New Member

hey dudes
    my guy is
    1P reverse red cap, windheart necklace, sleeve (red) all purple
    2p blue all
    also im stuck on 1st dan any help plz

8. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

A little of help: at the beggining of each match use the p+k move /versus/images/icons/grin.gif /versus/images/icons/grin.gif /versus/images/icons/grin.gif /versus/images/icons/wink.gif then follow up with a good throw after that you will have a huge health advantage against yo opponent /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif also,if u wanna know how I dress my lion here it is: 1p outfit: 5 skull necklace yellow helmet yellow clothes and the silver knucles
    2p outfit: 5 skull necklace blue helmet blue clothes and the silver knucles. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif /versus/images/icons/wink.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif /versus/images/icons/cool.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

9. ad91791

I've changed my first playa outfit to:
    Default clothes, backwards black cap, Leather choker,nose ring,and silver knuckles.

10. Kaneda

Kaneda Member

If you win a match(with lion) with all rounds "Excellent" you will get the backwards red hat and the wind neclace.

The best way to do this is to have one of your friends (or yourself) be 2nd player in vs. mode and you load your lion, then just have the 2nd player stand there and you beat him up and get "excellent" on both rounds!

11. ad91791

Something begginers can use:[P]+[K],[8]+[P][when thier on the floor],then follw up with either [6][6][P]+[G]or[4][6][P]+[G],then follow up with [P][P][P],[K][K],and maybe[1][K].
    hope this helps /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. ad91791

No kaneda not "wind necklace" but windheart necklace /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

13. ad91791

Yup, I agree with GaijinPunch at 5th dan u really always do get the orange outfit. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

14. GaijinPunch

I've got my Arcade Lion up to 6-dan. Still orange. I want the red. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Got my Aoi up to 7-dan, and lost the damn card!!! /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

15. Kaneda

Kaneda Member

Sorry about that.

16. Zepp

Zepp New Member

Well.. I also play with Lion.. I'm at 2:nd DAN in kumite.. And my AI-player is at HERO-rank /versus/images/icons/smile.gif))))) pretty cool. I have trained him well :p

17. SirCooper

SirCooper New Member

[4][4][K][P]+[K][8][P]+[K][6][K][K] is one of my favorite starters, and [6][3][2][1][4][P]+[G] is a great throw

18. VeyRon

VeyRon New Member

my 1st playa is
    all yellow outfit, flare pendant, yellow sunglasses, dragonclaw earring

19. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

Ha the first chibita vid i watched inspired me to play lion too /versus/images/icons/grin.gif . I used him before but thats what made me a lion freak...

My rank is rather low, worse than your's gaijin, 5th dan

Oh and my lion wears yellow, black pants, green sunglasses and im shooting for the silver hair (which I'll get 5 years from now)

20. Calvin

Calvin Well-Known Member

Mines 4th Dan, My AI Lion's a Champion.

I like:
    1p: reverse B&O cap, nose ring, red sleeves, windheart necklace.default outfit(can't wait for the all black one)
    2p:cowboy hat(black), skull earings, green sleeves, windheart necklace. 9kyu outfit. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif