1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lion Q&A thread

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Darksoul173, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Darksoul173

Darksoul173 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    Ask all your Lion GAMEPLAY related questions here and i'll try my best to answer them

2. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Hi.

I've been wondering for a while the use of 6KPG, 6PP - purely for flash? It's the cool looking swooping hands move, saw some other Lion players doing it, and took me a while to ID the command. Not sure if it's some sort of valid component to his general flow.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  3. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    hahaha

Pai~Chun likes this.
  4. Darksoul173

Darksoul173 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    I think it's important to first learn how to throw escape and block low before asking a character specific question

Sozos likes this.
  5. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    OK.

How do I block low against Lion, on PSN?

6. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

2g. paichun when are u going fight tim on raw?

Kamais_Ookin, Darksoul173 and Sozos like this.
  7. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    6PP in that stance covers Lion's back (K covers front). It's usefulness comes from the fact that eventually people start to evade the K series. :)

8. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Input for 1fk 2p?

Jason Elbow likes this.
  9. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    662P

Jason Elbow and MakiLeSushi like this.
  10. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ty Marly

MarlyJay likes this.
  11. Ares-olimpico

Ares-olimpico Well-Known Member Content Manager Lion

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    i'm happy you play Lion @MakiLeSushi. 636p for 1fkp if you need

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  12. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Yeah I appreciate that Marly. Good info.

13. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I get more than 1fk when i input 662p maybe 2 fk and when i buffer the 66 i get nothing lol. But i went into something interesting that i applied to vaney, remove the delay of the 2p by delaying another move before the 2p.here is an example:
    Vs jean nh open stance: 46k+g > 44kp+k > 1fk 2p
    Alternative input: 46k+g > 444kp+k > 2p
    It s not a combo it s was just a way to give an example. If there s no delay the 2p will whiff, if the delay is too long u ll get a green combo. If anyone can test to confirm it it would be appreciate =)

14. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    @MakiLeSushi please in what combos? i remenber 336p+g 66p+k (g) 662p kk versus Sarah but the 66 of 66p+k can produce a delay too depending if execute in or before the memory buffer and in some combos with 44kp+k this is the problem too for these reasons the analisys is dificult
    A tipical combo when i use (in dojo for now) your technique is 46k 664p+k 636p 43p+k 6pp versus sarah to obtain a 2fkp

15. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    No my "technic" is to move the delay in another move before the initial one. Try this vs sarah i didn test and there s some specific combos it won t work but for this one it should, 2_6p+g > 666p+k(g) > 2p > kk
    I move the 2p delay on the 66p+k move. Theorically it will work. Cannot test myself for now so pls make me a feed back

16. Ares-olimpico

PSN:
    ares-olimpico
    @Pai-Chun in my experience opponents try to evade (too) after eat a 6p+k+g and p or p+k both linear 6p+k+g 6p is very safe on guard i usually back dash after it.
    @MakiLeSushi i'm trying and i have more questions i do 336p+g 6466p+k 636p 43p+k 8kk versus lion and sarah but i dont knoe the exact input seem like i need feel the time with innecesary inputs to timming correctly. Sorry

17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I m on holidays for now i don t have access to the game i ll make a try asap

18. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

@Ares: the timing is different for all of the 336p+g combos. The way I approached it was trying 6646p+k fastest input and then holding 6_p for the bound. Also, you can try a mid delay on the p+k input of 6646p+k or a very late delay input of p+k.

At the end of the day 41236p+g is a better choice w/consistent damage plus if it's broken you can use 7pkg or 1pkg (1p side) depending on which direction your throw was escaped. Your adding to the same direction you have just been broken.

Ex: broken in 7 direction use 7pkg and gte if opponent follows.

Broken in 1 direction use 1pkg and gte too.

2p side just follow the direction of the way your character goes after break.

19. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    after 46P+G throw with the opponents back to the wall. Is 9K guaranteed there? The CPU can break the stagger, but i can't seem to.

20. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Try using 3k for normal recovery, but the mixup should be low/mid/and opponent attacking from stagger recovery.

336p+k/44k+g/44p+k(nh +19) use 336p+k(stagger!)/
    6pkg,p+k.

46p+g in my view is for lion to get sideturn option.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017